|Alexander Sims Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 15, 1988|
Alexander Sims is a British professional racing driver and TV personality. He gained prominence in 2008 when he won a McLaren Autosport BRDC Award for promising young British drivers. He also made his debut for BMW i Andretti Motorsport in the 2018-2019 season of the FIA Formula E Championship.
London, England, United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England, United Kingdom
He attended Stamford School in Stamford, Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom between 2002 and 2006, where he earned his GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education).
Professional Racing Driver, TV Personality
Alexander Sims is represented by X Marque Management (Manager) in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alexander Sims is married and has a child.
Race / Ethnicity
Alexander Sims has endorsed brands such as –
- Tonik Energy
- Ryan Motorsport Insurance
- Secto Automotive
- Einhell Germany AG
He is also a chairman of the British charity Zero Carbon World starting in May 2014.
Alexander Sims Favorite Things
Drink – Semi-Sparking Mineral Water
Source – Instagram
Alexander Sims Facts
- Like many racing drivers, he also started with kart racing. He made his debut in 1998 and took part in club competitions.
- Alexander actually started racing by chance. His dad thought it would be a fun and bonding activity they could experience together.
- His 1st notable achievements came in 2000 when he won Kartmasters Grand Prix, Super 1 MSA Cadet Championship, and 5 Nations Cup. He also won 2nd place at The Future British Cadet Championship the same year.
- Alexander was dubbed “the next Lewis Hamilton” in November 2010. He was allegedly arrested for driving 92 mph or 148 km/h in a zone with a 50 mph or 80 km/h speed limit.
- He got interested in the environmental impact of electric and hybrid cars in 2011. The breaking point came when he stopped at a petrol station and filled his tank with 60 liters of fuel. He couldn’t shake the idea that it was inefficient and unsustainable.
- He bought a Tesla Roadster in February 2012 largely with money provided by his dad. Since at that time electric cars weren’t common, to charge it, Alexander had to use extension cables from the hotel bedroom windows.
- Alexander charges his car overnight and has noticed at least a 25% cost reduction in comparison to combustion engine models. He loves that he can drive it with 1 pedal, and how quiet and customizable it is.
- After 2 years of living in rental apartments with his girlfriend at the time, they bought a house in 2014. It was located in a quiet village called West Wratting in Cambridgeshire, England, United Kingdom. They sold it in 2017.
- His teammate during the the 2018-2019 season of the ABB FIA Formula E Championship was António Félix da Costa.
- In a poster for 2019 Saudia Diriyah E-Prix in Formula E, Alexander was pictured standing surrounded by “word clouds” with certain actions written in them. This is a reference to his last name. In the series of life simulation video games titled The Sims, characters are controlled in the same fashion.
- Alexander partnered with Maximilian Günther after António departed from BMW. They drove for BMW i Andretti Motorsport in the 2019-2020 season of the ABB FIA Formula E Championship.
- He wears a helmet with a yellow, blue, and a green stripe. It was inspired by Ayrton Senna (1960-1994), a Brazilian racing driver who was widely regarded as one of the best Formula One drivers of all time.
- In early 2020, many considered his biggest rival to be Sam Bird, a fellow Briton driving for Envision Virgin Racing in Formula E.
Featured Image by Alexander Sims / Instagram