|Alma Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1996|
Alma is a Finnish singer and songwriter who began her career in 2013. She was placed 5th in the 7th season of the Finnish version of the Idol and then was signed by Universal Music Group. Her singles Karma and Dye My Hair became top 10 hits in Finland. Heavy Rules Mixtape was Alma’s first mixtape that was released in 2018 and reached the top 10 in Finland’s music chart. She has also teamed up with English singer Charli XCX and Swedish singer Tove Lo in the past. Alma released her debut EP, Dye My Hair in 2016 and also performed at the 31st edition of Eurosonic Noorderslag in Groningen, Netherlands. She always felt that Finns could not become pop stars and even before auditioning for Idol, she never thought that a career in pop was feasible.
Alma’s educational background is unknown.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Irja Taipale
- Siblings – Anna (Twin Sister)
Alma is managed by –
- Antti Kosonen (General Manager)
- Eoin O’Leary and Jai Shaw of ATC Management
- Kate Head of StokedPR
- Alex Bruford, Booking Agent, ATC-Live
- Avery McTaggart, Booking Agent (North America), Paradigm Talent Agency
- Jukka Varmo and Valter Filosoff, Booking Agent (Finland), Live Nation
PME, Universal Music Group
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
As per her interview with Gay Times in March 2019, Alma confirmed that she had a girlfriend at that time but preferred not to reveal her identity. She had also dedicated a song to her.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Finnish ancestry.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades such as ‘Green’, ‘Yellow’, ‘Pink’, etc.
- Colored hair
- She has tattoos on both her hands.
- Alma has endorsed and promoted a few brands through her Instagram which includes Coach.
- She endorses her own merchandise in collaboration with Sasu Kauppi.
Best Known For
- Finishing 5th in the 7th season of the Finnish version of Idol. She auditioned for it at the age of 17 and went onto the live performances.
- Her singles Karma and Dye my hair that became the top 10 hits in Finland
As a Singer
In 2016, she released her first single named Karma that became the number 5 at Finnish Singles Chart.
She released her first EP titled Dye My Hair in October 2016.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as ‘Herself’ on Posse in 2016.
Alma Favorite Things
- Drink – Coconut water
- Hobby – She loves getting tattoos done.
- Albums – Madonna‘s Records
- Artists – PMMP, Gasellit, Haloo Helsinki!, SANNI, and Paperi-T
- She began her career in 2013 but got her breakthrough in 2015.
- She feels that her soundtrack will be good for Harry Potter.
- Her all-time favorite talent show audition tape is of two girls named Abi and Lisa.
- She has won numerous awards such as an Emma award in the “Best new artist” category in 2016.
- In June 2017, her song Chasing Highs was released in the UK and became Alma’s first UK Top 20 hit.
- She says that she is always writing about what she is experiencing in life.
- Elton John is a fan of Alma. During his Beats 1 radio show, he once played her song, Chasing Highs.
- Visit her official website @ cyberalma.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and iTunes.
Featured Image by Sven Mandel / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0