|Amanda Lee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||16, 1998|
Amanda Lee is a Canadian social media star, best known for her YouTube channel titled AmandaRachLee, which has amassed more than 1.5 million subscribers and more than 84 million views. She created the channel on January 5, 2013, and from the very start, began uploading haircare, DIY, lookbooks, fashion hauls, tags, home design, and back-to-school tag type of videos. Around 2015, Amanda expanded her content to skincare, Q&A, her own tips, tricks, and advice about success in general, as well as cosmetics, accessories, gift ideas as well as videos such as “What’s in my purse/backpack?” It wasn’t until 2017 that she decided to do a complete makeover, and she found her niche. Amanda began uploading video content regarding her passion calligraphy, writing, and illustrating journals.
She also incorporated painting, drawing, digital sketching, photography, stickers design, product reviews, and productivity tips and tricks. In early 2019, Amanda also incorporated ASMR into some of her videos and also began including her audience in her decisions whenever possible, both via various artist challenges, as well as videos such as “Doing the opposite of what my Instagram followers tell me to do” which she uploaded on February 17, 2019. She was also a content creator for MUCH Studios, a Canadian media company that helped deliver original content to their clients on-demand with the goals of reaching their target audience. Amanda has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 600k followers on Instagram and more than 30k followers on Twitter.
Amanda Rach Lee
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Amanda attended an art-focused program in high school and started her YouTube channel during her freshman year.
Social Media Star, Artist, Singer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has a sister and a brother.
Amanda Lee self-manages her career.
Vocals, Ukulele, Piano, Keyboards, Acoustic Guitar
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amanda Lee likes to keep her dating history private.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
She is of Canadian descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Black,’ ‘Dark Brown,’ ‘Light Brown,’ ‘Platinum Blonde,’ and ‘Pale Pink’ in the past.
- Fuller Lips
- Prominent cheekbones
Amanda Lee has endorsed brands such as –
- Personal Planner (2014)
- Clairol Color (2017)
- Made By Google (2019)
- Sephora (2019)
- Smashbox (2019)
- Warner Bros. (2019)
- Google DrawAlong (2019)
- Maybelline (2019)
- Brandy Melville (2019)
- Urban Outfitters (2019)
- Away (2019)
- Christian Siriano Womenswear (2019)
- Canon Canada (2019)
- IreneIsGood Label (2019)
- Archer And Olive (2019)
- Tombow USA (2019)
Best Known For
Her social media following with more than 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube and more than 600k followers on Instagram
As a Singer
Amanda Lee posted her 1st song cover of a song Dreams by Fleetwood Mac in 2018 via her Instagram account. The same year, she also covered songs such as Fly Me To The Moon by Frank Sinatra, Somewhere Only We Know by Keane, Idontwannabeyouanymore by Billie Eilish, Waste It On Me by BTS & Steve Aoki, and Shallow by Lady Gaga.
In 2019, Amanda sang songs such as Come Out and Play by Billie Eilish, Lost Stars by Adam Levine, Best Part by Daniel Caesar, Forrest Gump by Frank Ocean, Take Me To Church by Hozier, My Boy by Billie Eilish, and Butterflies by Kacey Musgraves. She also covered Corinne Bailey Rae’s Like A Star, Jin‘s Tonight, and a song titled Creep by the rock band Radiohead on June 28, 2019. Her singing was most often accompanied by her playing either the ukulele or the keyboards.
Amanda Lee Favorite Things
- Movie Franchises – Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Music Genre – K-Pop
- K-Pop Bands – BTS, MOMOLAND, BLACK PINK
- K-Pop Singers – IU, DEAN, HEIZE, HYUKOH
- Winter Trend – Knee Boots
- Accessories – Mirrored Sunglasses, Backpack Purse
- Makeup Products – Brows, Mascara, Concealer
- Beauty Gurus (In 2013) – Wendyslookbook, Bethany Mota, Clothes Encounters
- YouTuber (In 2013) – Miranda Sings
- Albums (In 2013) – Yours Truly, Honeymoon Avenue, Almost is Never Enough by Ariana Grande, Pure Heroine by Lorde
- Musicians/YouTubers (In 2014) – Settle Down Kids, ClaraC Music, Kina Grannis, Claire Marshal, MissRemiAshten, JustMyLifeAsMe
- Fashion Brands (In 2015) – Topshop, MissGuided, SheInside, Tobi
- Fashion/Life Idol (In 2015) – Kristina Bazan
- YouTube Channels (In 2015) – JustKidding News, Buzzfeed
- TV Show (In 2015) – Friends (1994-2004)
- Fashion Trend (In 2017) – Loafer Slippers, Heels, Fishnet Tights
- Accessories (In 2017) – Gold Orbit Earrings, Mejuri Lotus Necklace
- Beauty Trend (In 2017) – Soap Application On Eyebrows
- Color – Turquoise
- Idol – Beyonce
- Personal Quote – “Adding art into daily life.”
Amanda Lee Facts
- She stated that she has been drawing essentially all her life.
- She used to hate her name and wished her name was Kylie.
- Because Amanda had to draw every single school day, creating a YouTube channel was an outlet for her and a way to take a break from art.
- After she graduated high school, according to her, she began missing her artistic outlet and slowly transitioned into watercolor painting and figure drawing on her YouTube channel content in early 2017.
- Her goal is to make art more accessible and dispel the illusion that you have to be a top-notch, well-known artist to be successful.
- Amanda also wants to inspire and encourage people to unleash their creativity, no matter what their starting point is.
- On average, it takes Amanda between 3 to 5 hours just to film 1 video, excluding editing, adding effects, and color correcting.
- Amanda has interviewed actors like Jon Hamm, Jeremy Renner, and Ed Helms.
- She would describe her style as “minimal and contemporary with a bit of an edge.”
- She is self-taught in playing the ukulele and began practicing with the acoustic guitar in early 2019.
- Amanda is glad that her channel didn’t have a ‘viral’ video to skyrocket its following. According to her, the steady growth allowed her to interact with the community that stayed loyal for years.
- One of the DIY projects that she made and still uses to this day is her bed comforter.
- She loves chocolate more than candy and is allergic to nuts.
- In 2014, Amanda took part in her high school fashion show/event, for which she designed and made her own dress.
- She sells her art through a middle-man, a company named Society6 that helps connect artists and creators with their customers.
- When filming, she takes long snack breaks and eats anything in her vicinity. She’s aware it’s not the healthiest choice but is a big lover of munching on food while working.
- Amanda is a teacher on the online, subscription-based learning platform Skillshare. It provided a way for her fanbase to enroll in her art classes and nurture and expand upon their skills.
- Her online pet peeve is creators that leave too much space above their head, which triggers her “compositional OCD.”
- Amanda claimed that she was a sucker for turquoise-colored clothing, and owned and wore a lot of it on a daily basis.
- Her dream is to have a fashion line of her own.
- Her video titled How To: Calligraphy & Hand Lettering for Beginners! Tutorial + Tips! went viral quickly after she uploaded it on June 15, 2017, and has amassed more than 7 million views.
- She collaborated with her fellow YouTube creator Adelaine Morin on a video titled BLINDFOLDED DRAWING CHALLENGE! on July 21, 2018.
- Amanda reached a milestone of 1 million YouTube subscribers on October 15, 2018.
- One of the biggest struggles with being a one-man team and YouTube creator for Amanda is that her couch and Netflix streaming is a few steps away. The only solution to that problem she found was strict journaling and scheduling of her time.
- She has a plan of expanding her content to include a subscription-based content on Patreon. That way, she can be even closer to her audience, create more content, and fulfill some of their custom art requests.
- Follow her on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, Spotify, and Pinterest.
Featured Image by Amanda Lee / Instagram