|Amanda Tapping Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1965|
Amanda Tapping is a British actress who was raised in Canada. She is renowned for her portrayal of Samantha Carter in the series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. She made her debut with the film The Donor in 1995 and went onto act in several other films and television series. She has also worked as a director and producer for various TV shows such as Sanctuary, Arctic Air and Blindspot. Amanda has played the character of an angel Naomi in the TV series Supernatural from 2012 to 2013 and then 2018. After 5 years of the character’s death, she repeated the same role in Funeralia in its season 13.
She won the Leo Award for the best lead performance by a female in the drama series in the year 2002. She is married to Alan Kovacs and has a daughter. She is also actively involved in charity and has a charitable foundation named “Sanctuary For Kids”.
Rochford, Essex, England
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
She studied in North Toronto Collegiate Institute where she performed well in Environmental Science and Drama and later in 1984, she decided to shift her focus only on drama and went to University Of Windsor School of Dramatic Arts in Windsor, Ontario.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Richard (Brother), Christopher (Brother), Steven (Brother; Died in December 2006)
Amanda is represented by Vickie Petronio and Lena Lees of Play Management.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amanda Tapping has dated –
- Alan Kovacs (1994-Present) – In 1994, Amanda married Alan Kovacs. The couple stays together at Vancouver, British Columbia. The couple has 1 daughter, Olivia who was born on March 22, 2005.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue eyes
- Defined cheekbones
Amanda has appeared in TV commercials for Choclairs (1996), Tim Hortons’ Muffins (1989), Advil Cold and Sinus (1998), Bounce (1996) and many others.
Best Known For
Playing the main role as Samantha Carter in the military science fiction series Stargate SG-1 from 1997 to 2007
Amanda’s first theatrical film appearance was in comedy film Booty Call in the role of Dr. Moore, released in 1997.
First TV Show
In 1991, Amanda was seen in the drama show Street Legal in the role of Newscaster in just 1 episode.
Amanda Tapping Facts
- She was born in England but did not spend so much of time there.
- She shifted base to Canada before she could even start school.
- As a child, she had difficulty in deciding if she wanted to be a scientist or an actress.
- Amanda has acted in a lot of science fiction projects.
- She also knows how to work behind the camera and has worked as a director and an executive producer.
- She prefers keeping her life private.
- She has a charitable organization called Sanctuary for Kids.
- She has a dog named Riley who was born in 2018.
- She appeared in many stage productions including Steel Magnolias, Children of a Lesser God and Noises Off.
- Amanda’s first TV job was an appearance in a 1989 commercial for the Canadian coffee-and-doughnut chain Tim Hortons.
- In the early 1990s, Amanda co-founded the Canadian comedy group Random Acts, with Katherine Jackson and Anne Marie Kerr.
- She has appeared in episodes named “Avatar” in two different series – The X Files in 1996 and Stargate SG-1 in 2004.
- She is a spokesperson for UNICEF.
- She once worked with William Shatner on an animated project.
- Visit her official website @ amandatapping.com.
- Follow her on Twitter.
Featured Image by Jean / Flickr / CC BY 2.0