|Anjali Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 16, 1986|
Anjali is an Indian actress and model who came to prominence with her role as Anandhi in Kattradhu Thamizh in 2007. After that, she was highly appreciated by fans for her appearance in both Telugu and Tamil films such as Angadi Theru (2010), Thoonga Nagaram (2011), Engaeyum Eppothum (2011), Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (2013), Balupu (2013), Geethanjali (2014), and Rana Vikrama (2015). Besides that, the beautiful actress who began her career as a model has also won a number of highly regarded awards such as 3 Filmfare Awards South, 2 Nandi Awards, and 3 Vijay Awards, along with many others. Along the way, she also picked up critical acclaim for her women-centric roles in the films Geethanjali (2015), Mapla Singam (2016), Iraivi (2016), and Chitrangada (2017). With time, she also gained a huge fan following more than 700k followers on Instagram, more than 3 million followers on Facebook, and more than 700k followers on Twitter.
Razole, Andhra Pradesh, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Anjali finished her schooling in Razole before moving to Chennai where she went on to attain a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Parvathi Devi
- Siblings – Ravi Shankar (Brother), Bapuji (Brother)
- Others – Bharati Devi (Maternal Aunt, Step-Mother)
Previously, Anjali was being managed by her maternal aunt Bharati Devi.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anjali has dated –
- Jai – Actor Jai and Anjali had been a long going rumor until 2019. The gossip around the internet was that the couple were looking forward to tying the knot and Anjali was planning to quit her profession thereafter. However, in February that year, she came clean about the rumors not being true and also stated that she doesn’t get upset now when she hears about these speculations.
Race / Ethnicity
- Heart shaped lips
- Almond shaped eyes
- Thick eyebrows
- Long eyelashes
Anjali has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- Viking Men’s Innerwear
- Narayana Jewelry
Best Known For
- Her appearance in several hit Tamil films as Anandhi in Kattradhu Thamizh (2007), Sermakkani in Angadi Theru (2010), Manimegalai Ramasamy in Engaeyum Eppothum (2011), Ponni in Iraivi (2016), and Valli in Kaali (2018)
- Starring in various well-known Telugu films as Seetha in Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (2013), Dr. Anjali in Balupu (2013), and Geethanjali / Ushanjali in Geethanjali (2014)
- Her role in many Kannada and Malayalam movies like Rana Vikrama (2015), Payyans (2011), and Rosapoo (2018)
- Winning numerous awards such as 3 Filmfare Awards South, 2 Nandi Awards, and 3 Vijay Awards
Anjali made her debut Telugu theatrical film appearance as Swapna in Photo in 2002.
She made her first Tamil theatrical film appearance as Anandhi in Kattradhu Thamizh in 2007.
Anjali made her debut Kannada theatrical film appearance as Impana in Honganasu in 2008.
She made her first Malayalam theatrical film appearance as Seema in Payyans in 2011.
Anjali’s fitness consultant is Kalyan and her personal trainer is a certified ACE trainer named Jil. By the looks of the several workout videos she posts to her Instagram account, it seems as though Anjali works out on a daily basis. A workout compilation video of hers shows Anjali doing exercises such as weighted sit-ups, hanging leg raises, and weighted sled pull exercises.
Anjali Favorite Things
- Director – Samuthirakani
Source – Instagram
- She was raised in Razole, Andhra Pradesh by her grandmother. Later, she moved to Chennai, to pursue her journey in the showbiz industry.
- Growing up, she was quite a tomboy. She roamed around in shorts and pants rather than skirts or dresses.
- Anjali’s parents shared the desire to become actors. However, they both would work abroad and fulfilled their dream through their daughter.
- Acting wasn’t something that Anjali had dreamt of doing. It was her parents who encouraged her to take up the profession.
- After she completed her schooling and moved to Chennai, Anjali began her stint in modeling and soon enough booked her first role in a Telugu film called Photo (2006).
- Anjali was once given a love letter by a classmate of hers. However, she did not accept the boy’s proposal and instead tied him a rakhi the next day.
- She once bunked her class while she was in the 10th grade to go watch the romantic drama film Nuvve Kavali (2000). However, her parents found out about it and things didn’t go very well for her when she returned home. In another incident, she had taken part in a school dance, scared of what her parents would say she did not dare to return home before late evening, only to be greeted by her worried parents who gave her a handful of chocolates and biscuits.
- Her career skyrocketed after she was spotted by director Ram who offered her a lead role in Kattradhu Thamizh (2007). The film attained huge success and won Anjali a Filmfare Award for “Best Female Debut – South” and a Vijay Award for “Best Debut Actress”.
- While she booked her first two Telugu films, Anjali was studying very hard at the time to clear her class 11 boards.
- Anjali prefers to be her own role model, even though she admires the skills of actress Revathi and Jyothika.
- In order to create an absolutely perfect movie setting for her film Angadi Theru (2010), the director Vasanthabalan, got the entire cast to blend in as sales employees in Ranganathan Street in T Nagar, Chennai. While hidden cameras captured their real-time selling shots, Anjali stated, that she may have sold INR 300 worth of goods one day.
- When she was younger, Anjali was adopted by her maternal aunt Bharati Devi as she did not have any children of her own. Bharati later started managing her finances and her career. According to reports by her brother Ravi, her’s family would have to first talk to Bharati in order to be able to speak to Anjali.
- In April 2013, Anjali filed a case of harassment against her step-mother Bharathi Devi and director Kalanjiyam. She had stated the two had been swindling her hard-earned money. Later, that month, a missing complaint was filed at the Jubilee Hills police station by her brother who stated that she was missing from her Daspalla hotel room in Hyderabad and that her phone was also switched off. A bolo was set by the officer in charge to find her and further investigation against Bharati and Kalanjiyam was carried out. However, on the 12th of April, Anjali walked into the at the time west zone Deputy Commissioner G Sudheer Babus office and stated that she had traveled to Mumbai to take a break from the rising tensions.
- She attended dance and acting classes in the past.
- In 2014, Anjali had started an eponymous YouTube channel to which she would upload videos of movie trailers, songs, and various other content. As of July 2019, the last video she uploaded was titled Thanks a million! in 2014.
- When she’s having a difficult day, her go-to thing to do is listen to music.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image By Anjali / Instagram