|Aura Dione Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||January 21, 1985|
Aura Dione is an award-winning Danish singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist who is best known for the release of her album Columbine (2008) and Before the Dinosaurs (2011), both of which were certified with ‘Gold’ by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry. They also peaked the Danish top-40 chart at #3 and #6 place. She is also noted for the release of a number of hit tracks like Something from Nothing (2007), Song for Sophie (2008), I Will Love You Monday (365) (2009), Geronimo (2011), Friends (2012), In Love with the World (2012), and Love Somebody (2016). Auro has also received several awards such as the Årets Danske Pop Udgivelse for her album Columbine in 2009, and the Årets Danske Hit for her lead single Geronimo in 2012. Over time, her music has also amassed a huge fan following with more than 300k followers on Facebook and more than 100k subscribers on YouTube.
Maria Louise Joensen
She did attend school until junior high school before finally deciding to drop out to shift to Australia.
Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist
- Father – Kjeld Urban Olsen
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – None
She is represented by –
- Warner Music Group
- Lance Etcheverry of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Attorney)
- Gregory L. Smith (Attorney)
Aura was previously represented by Music for Dreams, Khalid Schroeder, and KS+P Kool Management.
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Music for Dreams, Island Universal
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Aura has dated –
- Janus Friis (2013-2015) – Billionaire and co-founder of Skype Janus Friis got engaged to Aura in 2013. His love set upon her ring finger with a diamond ring priced at an astonishing $4,71,000. The ring according to Janus was a “950 Platinum band inset with a number of diamonds, including a 1.76 carat round brilliant cut diamond – D color, internally flawless, excellent symmetry and cut grade”. He also added, “The ring also has a pair of blue pear-shaped diamonds of South African origins with a collective weight of .91 carat.” Despite the deep connection they had built with one another, their relationship came to an end in April 2015. However, after they parted ways, Janus had filed a lawsuit against Aura to attain the ring back along with a few other pricy gifts. Except he was denied reinstatement in 2016 by the Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Deirdre Hil. Janus also stated that Aura had been cheating on him with “multiple affairs and s*xual encounters with other men” while they were dating.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
She has Danish with a hint of Spanish ancestry on her father’s side and Faroese and French ancestry on her mother’s side.
She prefers to dye her hair in shades of ‘blonde’, ‘black’, and ‘pink’ etc.
- Puffy lips
- Thick eyebrows
- High forehead
- She has a gap between her lips.
- Beautiful eyes
She has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- The release of her hit album Columbine (2008) and Before the Dinosaurs (2011)
- Receiving several awards such as the European Border Breaker Award in 2011, Årets Danske Hit for her lead single Geronimo in 2012, as well as the award for “Female Artist of the Year” in 2012 and 2013 at the Danish Music Awards
- Releasing a number of chartbuster singles like Something from Nothing (2007), Song for Sophie (2008), I Will Love You Monday (365) (2009), Geronimo (2011), Friends (2012), In Love with the World (2012), and Love Somebody (2016)
- Being engaged to the co-founder of Skype, Janus Friis in the past
Aura released her debut album titled Columbine on January 28, 2008, in Denmark and on November 27, 2009, in Germany. It peaked at #3 place on the Danish top-40 record chart and got certified with ‘Gold’ by IFPI. The album was released in 2 editions standard and international. The standard edition was compiled of a total of 10 songs Glass Bone Crash, Little Louie, Something from Nothing, Picture of the Moon, You Are the Reason, Song for Sophie, I Will Love You Monday, Clean Hands, Are You for Sale, and Anthony.
Whereas, the international edition has a total of 12 songs with an addition of the tracks Stay the Same and Lulla Goodbye. Also, the title I Will Love You Monday was replaced by I Will Love You Monday (365) and Song for Sophie was replaced by Song for Sophie (I Hope She Flies).
First TV Show
Aura made her debut TV show appearance on the talk show Taff in 2010.
She does seem like she works out as she has well-developed thighs and calves.
Aura Dione Favorite Things
- Song From Before the Dinosaurs (2011) – Geronimo
Source – Wikipedia
In 2012, Aura was fighting a case against Khalid Schroeder and KS+P Kool Management in the Superior Court. According to the reports provided by ‘Courthouse News Service’, the reason for Aura’s lawsuit against the agency according to her legal representative was because they had “used their positions of trust to induce Ms. Dione, under false pretenses, to enter into various contractual arrangements – not for the purpose of promoting her career, but rather to exploit Ms. Dione’s name and music for their own pecuniary gain.” Amongst the deal, they had also persuaded her to leave her previous manager in 2010.
Schroeder and Kool Management had incited a deal she couldn’t refuse. They stated that she would have control over her music, receive more money, and have a label of her own titled ‘Cherry Juice Records’. However, after Universal Music and Music for Dreams struck a deal with one another, later on, Universal Music refused to let Music for Dreams to give back her rights.
During that time, she was also finding it hard to get work with people such as producers and promoters as a result of her ownership dispute.
Aura Dione Facts
- Growing up, she was taught to live with peace, love, and harmony as both her parents were Hippies.
- She traveled across the vast oceans of the world until she was 10 years old. After that, she had found a place to stay at in Bornholm.
- Her father and mother were the ones who initially taught her a thing or two about music and by the time she was 8 years old, Aura was writing songs.
- Her stage name ‘Aura’ was given to her by her friends during her teenage years.
- In her childhood years, the only source of entertainment she had was her red Sony Walkman and her parents.
- She mostly writes her music to tunes that she discovers on her guitar or keyboard.
- She was 17 years old when she moved to Australia where she soaked up cultural and musical art. Her experience around the Aborigines resulted in her debut single Something from Nothing (2007).
- The second album of hers titled Before the Dinosaurs was released on November 4, 2011. It ranked at #6 place on the Hitlisten.
- Aura’s father Kjeld Urban Olsen was arrested for being involved in an attempt to smuggle 25 kilos of hash from Holland to Denmark. He was sentenced to 15 months of imprisonment in June 2014. At the time of his arrest, he was 65 years old and was found with 3 quarters of a million Danish Krone as well as 2 kilos of hash. Later, in 2015 he was released from prison.
- Her hit song was I Will Love You Monday (365) was featured in several commercials such as Coca Cola and Cocio.
- In the past, she was listed as one of the top 2 singers in Denmark and amongst the top 3 singers in Germany.
- During 2009 and 2010, she preferred to live her life like a gypsy traveling to new places and while seeking shelter at airports and hotels.
- Visit her official website @ aura-dione.com.
- Connect with Aura Dione on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and YouTube.
Featured Image By Aura Dione / Instagram