|Birgitte Hjort Sørensen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¾ in|
|Date of Birth||January 16, 1982|
Birgitte Hjort Sørensen is a Danish actress who is known for her role as journalist Katrine Fønsmark in the political drama series, Borgen (2010–2013). She also made a cameo appearance in The Eagle in 2005. Birgitte has also appeared in various movies including Autómata (2014) and Pitch Perfect 2 (2015).
Birgitte Hjort Sørensen
Birgitte went to Bistrup School in Birkerød and Øregård Gymnasium in Hellerup. Then, she attended the Danish National School of Performing Arts.
- Father – Christian Hjort Sørensen (Doctor)
- Mother – Kirsten Damgaard Pedersen (Doctor)
- Siblings – Birgitte has 2 older sisters.
Birgitte Hjort Sørensen is represented by Untitled Entertainment.
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has not dated anyone publicly yet.
Note – Birgitte Hjort Sørensen mothers a daughter named Karoline (b. August 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
- Arched Eyebrows
- Fuller Lips
She has either endorsed or promoted several brands like Aiayu.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of journalist Katrine Fønsmark in the television political drama series, Borgen (2010–2013)
- Having been cast as Karsi in the action-adventure drama series, Game of Thrones, in 2015
Sørensen made her theatrical film debut as Sarah in the thriller, The Candidate.
First TV Show
Birgitte made her first TV show appearance as Nanna in the police procedural drama series, The Eagle, in 2005.
She prefers running and other mild exercises to keep herself fit and healthy.
Birgitte Hjort Sørensen Facts
- She has a strong liking for British actors.
- The pronunciation of her name goes somewhat like “Beer-GHEE-deh Yord SIR-ehn-sehn”.
- Growing up, she was a bright student and has even stated herself a geek and a nerd.
- Sometimes, she feels uncomfortable with fashion magazines because of their stereotypical approach to fashion.
- She likes dancing, singing, and traveling.
- During her childhood days, Birgitte used to watch a lot of American and British television which helped her improve her accent.
- Sørensen is totally obsessed with New York.
- During voice training, her trainer used to make her practice different tongue twisters.
- Birgitte got cast as Roxie Hart in the production of Chicago in Copenhagen before completing her graduation.
- During the production of Chicago, she suffered a painful incident when she fell flat on her face as her stiletto heel got caught in the fishnet tights.
- Birgette likes to spend her weekend by walking through the park and catching up with her friends.
- Visit her official website @ birgittehjortsorensen.com.
- Follow Birgitte Hjort Sørensen on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Birgitte Hjort Sørensen / Instagram