|Bobby Roode Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 11, 1977|
Bobby Roode is a Canadian professional wrestler known for his successful wrestling career. He has done endorsement work for brands like Jimmy’s Famous Seafood and Prep Shop and is represented by the popular wrestling promotion, WWE Inc. Bobby has a huge social media fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram, more than 500k followers on Twitter, and more than 200k followers on Facebook.
Robert Francis Roode Jr.
Bobby Roode, Bobby Rude, Lee Awesome, Mark Rude, Robert Roode, The Canadian Enforcer, The Glorious, The It Factor, The Natural, ‘The Canadian Enforcer’ Bobby Roode, ‘The Natural’ Bobby Rude
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Bobby Roode went to the Kenner Collegiate Vocational Institute in his hometown of Peterborough.
- Father – Bob Roode
- Mother – Sandy Roode
- Siblings – Unknown
Bobby Roode is signed up with WWE Inc.
6 ft or 183 cm
107 kg or 236 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bobby Roode has dated –
- Tracy Roode – Bobby Roode is married to Tracy. In course of their marriage, they have become parents to 3 sons – Robert III, Riley, and Nicholas.
Race / Ethnicity
Blue with a hint of green
- Imposing physique
- Short cropped hair
- Blue-green eyes
Bobby Roode has used his strong social media presence to endorse brands like Jimmy’s Famous Seafood and Prep Shop.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- His association with the iconic WWE wrestling promotion. With WWE, he has competed in NXT and RAW brand.
- Having competed for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA). During his stint with TNA, he managed to win multiple individual and tag team championships.
First WWE Match
In June 2016, he competed in his first WWE match against Angelo Dawkins in the NXT event.
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Apart from the telecast of the wrestling matches, Bobby Roode hasn’t appeared on any TV show yet.
Bobby Roode regularly hits the gym to keep his body in top shape. He focuses on lifting heavy weights in the gym to sustain his bulky muscles. He also tries to improve his endurance and stamina with cardio work. Plus, he spends hours in the gym to improve his wrestling skills and in-ring work.
- As Bobby Roode
- Arm trap cross face
- Pay Off (Bridging fisherman suplex)
- Northern Lariat (Lariat to the back of an opponent’s head)
- Glorious Bomb (Pumphandle Slam)
- Roode Bomb (Fireman’s carry neck breaker slam)
- Glorious DDT (Lifting DDT)
- As Robert Roode
- Fujiwara armbar
- Pay Off (Rolling cutter or a bridging fisherman suplex)
- Diving knee drop
- Rolling neck snap
- Roode Awakening (Hangman’s) – adopted from Rick Rude
- Spinning spine buster / Double R spine buster
Bobby Roode Favorite Things
- Childhood Wrestler – Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka, Hulk Hogan, and Randy Savage
- Wrestling Inspiration – ‘Mr. Perfect’ Curt Hennig
Source – Sports Keeda, What Culture
Bobby Roode Facts
- Early in his wrestling career, he met legendary wrestler Val Venis at a local gym. Venis decided to train him for free.
- Before he started focusing on his wrestling career, he had studied at the community college in his hometown, which led to him working as a corrections officer.
- His first memory of watching a wrestling show was of Randy Savage’s reunion with Miss Elizabeth at the WrestleMania VII.
- In the early 2000s, he was featured in numerous dark matches, which were untelevised warm-up matches, for WWE events held in Toronto. He competed in such matches for about 6 years.
- When he was signed up by TNA in May 2004, he was competing in Canadian independent promotion, Border City Wrestling. He was incidentally brought into TNA by Scott D’Amore, who was the owner of Border City Wrestling.
- Bobby holds the distinction of being the first wrestler in the history of TNA to have held onto his TNA World Champion for more than 250 days.
- He made his wrestling debut in June 1998 using the moniker Total Lee Awesome in a match against Pete Rock. Before he made his debut, he got training from fellow Canadian wrestlers Sean Morley and Shane Sewell.
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Mike Kalasnik / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0