|Camila Giorgi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 30, 1991|
Camila Giorgi is a professional Italian tennis player. She is known for her performances at the US Open (2013), BNP Paribas Open (2014), and Aegon International (2014) where she defeated former world No. 1 players Caroline Wozniacki, Maria Sharapova, and Victoria Azarenka, respectively. She won her first ITF title in 2009. Camila entered the top-100 in the WTA rankings after reaching the 4th round in just her 2nd appearance at the Wimbledon Championships in 2012. She is popular on social media having accumulated more than 300k followers on Facebook and more than 400k followers on Instagram.
Macerata, Marche, Italy
Tirrenia, Pisa, Italy
There is no information about the schools or colleges that Camila Giorgi attended.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Sergio Giorgi (Camila’s Coach, Fought in the Falklands War against the British in 1982)
- Mother – Claudia Gabriella Fullone (Fashion Designer)
- Siblings – Leandro Giorgi (Older Brother) (Actor), Amadeus Giorgi (Younger Brother) (Football Player), Antonela Giorgi (Older Sister) (Died in a car accident in Paris, France)
Camila Giorgi can be reached at Women’s Tennis Association, St. Petersburg, Florida, United States.
Sergio Giorgi (Her father)
Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Camila Giorgi has dated –
- Giacomo Miccini – In 2015, Camila started dating fellow Italian tennis player Giacomo Miccini. In 2016, Camila showed off her engagement ring from Giacomo on her Instagram page with the hashtags #engagement, #ring, #love. However, it is uncertain if the couple is still together.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Italian Jewish descent.
- Prominent nose
- Broader jaws
- Toned legs
Camila Giorgi hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
Her performances at the US Open (2013), BNP Paribas Open (2014), and Aegon International (2014) where she defeated former world No. 1 players Caroline Wozniacki, Maria Sharapova, and Victoria Azarenka, respectively.
In 2006, she made her senior tennis debut playing for a prize sum of $10,000 at the ITF Women’s Circuit in Baku, Azerbaijan against Prerana Appineni of India, winning the match 6-4, 6-4.
First TV Show
In 2012, she made her first TV show appearance on the sports series Wimbledon.
Camila Giorgi works out in the gym regularly, sometimes accompanied by her brother. She also does a lot of training in track and field and on-court practice. Known for her aggressive and powerful strokes, Camila focuses on her strength workout and conditioning.
Camila Giorgi Favorite Things
- Surface – Hardcourt
- Film Director – Pedro Almodovar
- Book – “The Diary Of Anne Frank” by Anne Frank
Source – WTATennis.com
Camila Giorgi Facts
- At the age of 5, she started playing tennis at a local club after her father introduced her to the sport.
- Before learning to play tennis, she learned artistic gymnastics.
- Her mother mostly designs her tennis outfits.
- She loves the color pink.
- Camila enjoys watching boxing, soccer, and MotoGP.
- She finds the Bahamas to be the most relaxing place.
- In 2009, she won her first ITF title.
- In 2011, she had her first WTA Tour at the Wimbledon Championships.
- She entered the top-100 in the WTA rankings after reaching the 4th round in just her second appearance at the Wimbledon Championships in 2012.
- Growing up, she used to watch many matches played by Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras.
- Visit her official website @ www.camilagiorgi.it.
- Follow her on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Tatiana / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0