|Charlene Tilton Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 1, 1958|
Charlene Tilton is an American actress and singer who is best known for portraying the character of Lucy Ewing in the TV soap opera Dallas from 1978 to 1991. At the peak of her fame due to her work in Dallas, she reportedly featured on more than 500 magazine covers and attracted more than 65 million TV viewers for the episode which involved her character’s wedding. Over the course of her career, she has worked in numerous films and TV series. She is also an accomplished singer whose 1984 single C’est La Vie became a hit in several European countries.
Charlene L. Tilton
The Poison Dwarf
San Diego, California, United States
Oxnard, Ventura County, California, United States
Charlene had attended the Hollywood High School in Los Angeles where she was a cheerleader and President of the Thespians’ Club.
- Mother – Katherine Thacker (Office Secretary)
- Others – Annie Ross (Ex-Aunt-in-Law) (Singer, Actress)
4 ft 11 in or 150 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Charlene has dated –
- Johnny Lee (1979–1984) – Charlene married American country music singer Johnny Lee in 1982 while she was pregnant with their daughter Cherish Lee (Actress, Singer) (b. August 20, 1982). They were dating since 1979 and got divorced in 1984.
- Domenick Allen (1985–1992) – Charlene dated Scottish musician and singer Domenick Allen for just 6 days before the pair got married on April 7, 1985. They got divorced in 1992.
- Cheddy Hart (2001-2009) – She began dating cinematographer Cheddy Hart in 2001 and the couple lived together in Oxnard, California till December 2009, when Cheddy passed away after a sudden heart failure, at the age of 54.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Has a mole under her lips
- Stocky frame
- Charming smile
- Curvaceous figure
Charlene has appeared in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- Soft & Dri Antiperspirant (1977)
- Airborne Cold Medicine (2003)
- Trivial Pursuit 80’s – Totally 80’s Edition (2006)
- Abdominizer’s line of workout equipment
Charlene Tilton Favorite Things
- TV Series – The Brady Bunch (1969-1974)
- Ice Dancer/Figure Skater – Jayne Torvill
- Condiments – Butter, Mayonnaise
Charlene Tilton Facts
- Charlene’s parents were estranged when her mother was pregnant with her. She grew up never knowing who her father was.
- While in high school, her mother was battling mental illness and she was facing a financial crunch. A few years later, at the age of 17, she auditioned and was selected for the role of Lucy Ewing on the TV show Dallas. Charlene had to play the role of the niece of the character J.R. Ewing which was being played by Larry Hagman.
- Larry made her comfortable during the shoots and the two developed such a strong bond that she often used to refer to him as her ‘surrogate father’. When her contract had expired, Larry fought with the producers to get her back and Charlene stayed connected with her ‘Uncle Larry’ in the late 90s and early 2000s when he was battling poor health.
- Charlene was the guest host for February 21, 1981, episode of the iconic late-night variety show Saturday Night Live. The episode featured a parody of an episode from Dallas through which Charlene had made her name. During the end scenes of the episode, Charlene asked cast member Charles Rocket a question which Charles replied with the f-word. The incident led to his dismissal from the show.
- In 2001, she was honored with the ‘Former Child Star Lifetime Achievement’ award by the Young Artist Foundation.
- She has done tremendous work for autism awareness and has been a volunteer, since 2010, with Actors for Autism, an organization that facilitates acting workshops for people with autism.
- She was a participant in the 7th season of the British ice-skating show Dancing on Ice in 2012.
Featured Image by Greg Hernandez / Flickr / CC BY-2.0