|Danny Worsnop Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 1990|
Danny Worsnop is an English musician, singer, songwriter, vocal producer, photographer, actor, and author, best known as the lead vocalist of the rock bands Asking Alexandria between 2008 and 2015, and again starting in 2016, and We Are Harlot, starting in 2011. At the time he founded the band We Are Harlot, Danny also decided to begin his solo music career. As a part of Asking Alexandria, he released albums and EPs such as Stand Up and Scream (2009), Life Gone Wild (2010), Stepped Up and Scratched (2011), Reckless & Relentless (2011), Under the Influence: A Tribute to the Legends of Hard Rock (2012), From Death to Destiny (2013), Live from Brixton and Beyond (2014), and Asking Alexandria (2017). As a part of the band We Are Harlot, he took part in releasing their debut, self-titled album We Are Harlot in 2015.
Danny Worsnop released his debut solo album titled The Long Road Home on February 17, 2017, under Earache Records. After 2 years of constant work on multiple projects and tours, he announced the release of his 2nd solo album under the title Shades of Blue for May 10, 2019, under Sumerian Records. Danny is also known for collaborations with well-known artists and bands such as With One Last Breath, Bizzy Bone, Eyes Like Diamonds, Suicide Silence, Memphis May Fire, Ronnie Radke, The Word Alive, and All That Remains. Danny has amassed a large fanbase online, consisting of more than 600k followers on Twitter, more than 500k followers on Facebook, and more than 300k followers on Instagram.
Danny Robert Worsnop
Beverley, England, United Kingdom
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
His educational history is unknown.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Vocal Producer, Author, Actor, Photographer
- Father – Philip Worsnop
- Mother – Sharon Worsnop
- Siblings – Kelly Worsnop (Younger Sister)
Metalcore, Hard Rock, Country Rock, Country, Electronicore, Heavy Metal
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Violin, Bass, Trumpet, Programming
- Sumerian Records
- Roadrunner Records
- Earache Records
6 ft or 183 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Danny Worsnop has dated –
- Lexus Amanda – There were rumors that he hooked up with the American vocalist, Lexus Amanda in the past.
- Amor Hilton (2009) – Danny dated American model Amor Hilton between April 2009 and August 2009.
- Myca Gardner (2010-2012) – Danny dated American socialite Myca Gardner between April 2010 and April 2012.
- Jamie Doe (2013) – Danny was rumored to be dating Jamie Doe in 2013 after they posted a few pictures on social media together.
- Sarah Ross (2016-2017) – Danny started dating the country singer Sarah Ross in 2016. The two even collaborated on a song All I Want To Know from Sarah’s EP Nervous Breakdown during that time, and Danny sang guest vocals. They dated for almost a year before breaking up in 2017.
- Victoria Potter (2018-Present) – On January 12, 2018, Victoria came to the Meet & Greet session before Danny’s show in Kansas City, Missouri. She was a member of the United States Navy personnel at that time. After the initial introduction, Danny was so enamored with her that he waited for Victoria to tag his band on social media so he could find who she was. Once she did, the next morning, he contacted her immediately. Danny even flew around 1k miles from Canada to the United States just to see her in person again but, of course, didn’t reveal that fact as to not look desperate. Luckily, they hit it off and began dating later that month, and Danny decided to take a longer residence with her, as she was still in the Navy. A few months later, on August 5, 2018, during his performance at a show in Columbus, Ohio, Danny proposed to Victoria. Victoria later shared that she has never been in a relationship where fights were absent, but because Danny communicated openly and constantly, it became the best relationship she has ever been in. In December 2018, Victoria announced that she and Danny were planning their wedding. In early May 2019, Danny took residence in Jacksonville, Florida, the United States with Victoria, who was still on active United States Navy duty.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
- Tall physique
- Thick beard
- Slicked-back haircut
- Multiple tattoos
Danny Worsnop has endorsed brands such as –
- Article 15 Clothing
- We Don’t Cook Food (2018)
- Charlotte Motor Speedway (2019)
- Alexandria Place Clothing (2019)
- Sweetwater Sound (2019)
- Eternal Fleur (2019)
Best Known For
- Releasing 4 studio albums as part of the band Asking Alexandria – Stand Up and Scream (2009), Reckless & Relentless (2011), From Death to Destiny (2013), and Asking Alexandria (2017), as well as 2 EP albums named Life Gone Wild (2010), and Under the Influence: A Tribute to the Legends of Hard Rock (2012), 1 remix album titled Stepped Up and Scratched (2011), and 1 live album titled Live from Brixton and Beyond (2014)
- His debut solo studio album titled The Long Road Home, released in 2017, and 2nd solo studio album Shades of Blue, to be released in May 2019, as well as 1 self-titled studio album as part of the rock band We Are Harlot in 2015
Danny Worsnop released his debut solo studio album titled The Long Road Home on February 17, 2017, under Earache Records. It consisted of 12 tracks in total, with the most prominent ones being I Got Bones, Mexico, Out Without You, Don’t Overdrink It, and High. The album peaked at number 16 on the Billboard US Heat chart, and number 38 on the Billboard US Indie chart.
As a part of the band Asking Alexandria, Danny Worsnop released his debut studio album titled Stand Up and Scream on September 15, 2009, under Sumerian Records. It consisted of 13 tracks in total, out of which the most prominent ones were Final Episode (Let’s Change the Channel, A Prophecy, If You Can’t Ride Two Horses at Once… You Should Get Out of the Circus, and Not the American Average. The album charted at number 170 on the Billboard 200, as well as number 5 on Billboard Top Heatseekers chart.
As a part of the band We Are Harlot, Danny Worsnop released his debut, self-titled studio album We Are Harlot on March 30, 2015. It consisted of 11 tracks in total – Dancing On Nails, Dirty Little Thing, Someday, Denial, Never Turn Back, The One, Love For the Night, Easier to Leave, One More Night, Flying Too Close To the Sun, and I Tried. The album peaked at number 58 in the United Kingdom, and number 165 in the United States.
Danny Worsnop made his first theatrical film appearance as himself in What Now in 2015.
First TV Show
Danny Worsnop made his first TV show appearance as himself in an episode of the reality-TV series The Warrior Show in 2012.
Danny Worsnop Favorite Things
- Activity – Cooking
- Animal – Dog
- Dog Breed – Golden Retriever
Danny Worsnop Facts
- He grew up in a small village of Gilberdyke in the Eastern Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- He began making music as a toddler by tapping beats using empty boxes, pots, and pans.
- Danny started playing violin and trumpet when he was around 8 or 9 years old, and later played in the village school orchestra.
- His newfound love for rock and metal music lead to him abandoning violing and trumpet lessons and becoming self-taught in guitar and bass.
- Danny initially planned to join the military as a career. The success of the debut studio album of Asking Alexandria in 2009 convinced him to pursue music instead.
- The band Asking Alexandria was actually founded in 2006 in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates by Ben Bruce. However, he met Danny in his hometown of Gilberdyke in 2008, and simply kept the name when they founded a new band together.
- His history of alcohol and substance abuse was revealed in 2011 when he came to perform on-stage intoxicated. As a result, he had to seek help via drug rehabilitation.
- In 2013, Danny made a cover of the song Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson for the compilation album Thriller: A Metal Tribute to Michael Jackson.
- Danny left Asking Alexandria on January 22, 2015, with an explanation that he’d like to focus on rock and hard rock instead of metal and metalcore, and his bandmates weren’t interested.
- Vocalist Denis Stoff replaced him in 2015. However, on October 21, 2016, Danny rejoined the band after Denis parted ways with them.
- When he came back in 2016, Danny said he wouldn’t be a legal member but would take part in recording albums, touring, and just having fun wherever it leads them, without any obligations.
- Danny wrote his debut solo album after a week of intensive work and funded it himself entirely. He first named the album The Prozac Sessions but changed it to The Long Road Home due to legal reasons before it was released in 2017.
- He wrote an autobiography titled Am I Insane, and despite announcements in 2015, Danny never released it. A little excerpt of it saw the light on July 31, 2013, via an article that was published.
- In 2014, on his official website, Danny claimed he was a photographer, and that he would organize a charity auction of his pictures.
- Danny has 3 golden retrievers named Loki, Thor, and Cowboy.
- On April 28, 2019, Danny released the 1st episode of the Idiots Podcast he hosted with Birdsall, another singer, and songwriter. They discussed various topics regarding music and vocal techniques they learned throughout their careers.
- Visit his official website @ dannyworsnop.net.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, iTunes, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Danny Worsnop / Instagram