|Daryl Mitchell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1965|
Daryl Mitchell is an American singer turned actor who had previously been known as a member of the hip hop group Groove B. Chill. Since the beginning of his acting career in 1985, he gained recognition for his appearance as Dexter Walker on The John Larroquette Show, Tommy Webber in Galaxy Quest, Leo Michaels on Veronica’s Closet, Eli Goggins III on Ed, and Patton Plame on NCIS: New Orleans.
Daryl Maurice Mitchell
Chill, Chill Mitchell
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
- Siblings – Mitchell has 4 siblings.
- Others – He has 8 half-siblings from his father’s previous relationships.
Daryl is represented by United Talent Agency.
As a member of Groove B. Chill, his music was released with A&M Records.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
102 kg or 225 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daryl has dated –
- Carol Mitchell (1998-Present) – The couple has 2 boys named Desmin Mitchell and Justin Mitchell as well as a daughter named Kamari Mitchell.
Race / Ethnicity
- Cropped hairstyle
- Thin eyebrows
- Sports a french beard
Daryl Mitchell Facts
- He was brought up in Wyandanch.
- Mitchell’s father was a bus driver, whereas, his mother was an appointed secretary.
- Prior to having made his stand in the world of entertainment, he was a member of the ’80s hip-hop music group Groove B. Chill.
- In the past, he was chosen to serve the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation.
- Initially, Mitchell was considered for the role of Bishop in the film Juice (1992). However, the role was later given to prominently known rapper and actor Tupac Shakur.
- In November 2001, Daryl met with a motorcycle accident in South Carolina that left him paralyzed from the waist down. According to sources, the incident took place in the night during which he lost control of his bike on a patch of gravel and fell with the bike landing on his back, hence crippling him.
- Following the problems he faced after his fatal accident, Daryl started the Daryl Mitchell Foundation to educate and support people who came across a similar ordeal that resulted in spinal-cord injuries.
- He is very close friends with well-known actor Chris Tucker and Denzel Washington. Denzel also aided and abided by him after his accident.
- After partially recovering from his accident, he went on to star as Eli Goggins in the show Ed in 2002. Since then, he also appeared in various other shows and films including NCIS: New Orleans, Love & Debt, Brothers, and The Game.
Featured Image By Greg Hernandez / Flickr / CC BY 2.0