|Debi Derryberry Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1967|
Debi Derryberry is an American voice actress, singer, actress, author, voice coach, and entrepreneur who is best known for lending her voice to several animated films such as Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (2001) and Toy Story (1995). She is also noted for lending her voice to several popular shows including F Is for Family, Curious George (2006-2013), and Duel Masters (2004). Apart from voice acting, Debi is also a talented singer who has released several children’s music albums such as What A Way To Play (2006) and Very Derryberry (2007).
Deborah Sue Greenberg
Dee Dee Green, Debi Derryberry, Sue Swan, Marie Cabbit
Indio, California, United States
North Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
Debi trained in the vocal study under the careful guidance of actor Steven Memel, Mark Anton, and Doug Decatur.
She underwent scene study with actress Cecily Adams. She started attending animation voice-over classes with voice director Kris Zimmerman and voice actors Charlie Adler and Susan Blu.
Debi also attended the Sam Christensen Studios where she studied Business of Acting, Acting Essences. She studied commercial voice acting under voice actor Dick Orkin.
Debi graduated with a degree in pre-med from the University of California, Los Angeles. She also took up acting classes at the UCLA Summer Theatre Intensive where she studied under the guidance of Michael Hackett.
Debi also studied improv at The Groundlings, Los Angeles.
Voice Actress, Singer, Actress, Author, Voice Coach, Entrepreneur
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Debi is represented by Arlene Thornton Agency.
She has also released her music under the record label 4River Records in 2006.
4 ft 11 in or 150 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Debi has dated –
- Harvey L. Jordan (2000-2012) – Debi started dating a man named Harvey L. Jordan whom she met online. The two gradually grew close to one another and on April 23, 2000, the couple got married. Together they had a son named River. However, after a whole 12 years, the two decided to separate and on October 10, 2012, the couple was legally divorced.
Race / Ethnicity
- Cropped haircut
- Thin eyebrows
Debi has commercially lent her voice to characters such as –
- Zack Putterman in Duracell
- Speefy in Alka-Seltzer
- Alka Seltzer Plus (2010)
Best Known For
- Lending her voice in several hit shows such as F Is for Family, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (2002-2006), and Tenchi Muyô! (1995-1997)
- Having lent her voice to the release of several hit video games such as Street Fighter X Tekken (2012), The Wonderful 101 (2013), and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (2017)
Debi released her debut album titled What A Way To Play in 2006. It consisted of 12 songs such as ABC Song, Pippity Pop, and Baby Banana.
Debi made her theatrical film debut as the rude customer in the comedy movie Ghost World in 2001.
As a voice actress, Debi made her theatrical film debut in the animated Japanese film Castle in the Sky in 1986.
First TV Show
Debi made her first TV show appearance as Skeeter in the comedy series Hey, Vern, It’s Ernest! in 1988.
As a voice actress, she made her TV show debut on The Karate Kid in 1989.
Debi Derryberry Favorite Things
- Mic Brands – Rode, Apogee, Shure
Source – Twitter
Debi Derryberry Facts
- She was born and brought up in Indio, California, a small desert community.
- She developed a passion for singing and writing at a very young age. Her love for music was so great that she moved to Nashville to be able to write country music and jingles. Later, she traveled back to Los Angeles to start a career in voice acting.
- Though she had chosen to pursue a degree in pre-med in college, she continued to pursue music.
- She was 9 years old when she got her first guitar. The first song that she ever wrote was My Dog’s My Buddy that was included in the 2006 album What A Way to Play.
- During her high school days, she served on the student council and was also the captain of the gymnastics team.
- Debi has a self-made line of moisturizing creams. In 2017, she even uploaded a video to her YouTube channel titled “Making Homemade Hand Creams l Debi Derryberry”.
- Debi has a pig named Mimi. She used to even paint her nails after giving her a bath.
- Debi was once lifted by the trunk of an elephant. She hangs a picture of the incident at her place.
- All through high school and college, Debi wasn’t very good in the subject of history.
- In the past, she started coaching people for animation and commercial voice-overs.
- She was titled as Backstage West’s “Best Voice-Over Teacher” in the past.
- In February 2016, she released one of her first books titled Voice-Over 101: How to Succeed as a Voice Actor.
- C. 1998, she founded the band Honey Pig.
- Visit her official website @ www.debiderryberry.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Debi Derryberry / Instagram