|Debra Shaw Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1977|
Debra Shaw is an American top model, actress, and singer who took the modeling industry by storm in the 90s. She has walked for many high-end brands such as Christian Dior, Gianni Versace, Givenchy, and Valentino. She has also walked the ramps for some of the most well-distinguished designers like Alexander McQueen and Karl Lagerfeld. Debra has also been featured on the cover of several magazines including Vogue Portugal and L’Officiel Spain. She is also a talented singer who goes on performing in concerts throughout Europe.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Debra studied design before pursuing her career in modeling.
Model, Actress, Singer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Debra Shaw is represented by –
- Red Model Management – New York
- Metropolitan / M Management – Paris
Gospel, Jazz, and Neo-soul
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Debra prefers to keep her dating life a secret.
Race / Ethnicity
10.5 (US) or 41 (EU) or 8 (UK)
Debra has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- Atelier Versace
- Felipe Varela
- Ixus by Canon
- Patty Shelabarger
- Manish Arora
Best Known For
- Modeling for several top designers such as Gianni Versace, Alexander McQueen, Karl Lagerfeld, and Pierre Balmain
- Starring in Martine Dugowson’s comedy-romance film Portraits chinois in 1996
- Being featured on the cover of several magazines including Vogue and L’Officiel
First Fashion Show
She debuted at the Ready to Wear – Spring/Summer 1993 fashion week. Debra walked the ramp for French designer Martine Sitbon.
She released her first album titled Debra’s Dream in June 2015.
Debra made her theatrical film debut as a model in Robert Altman’s Prêt-à-Porter in 1994.
First TV Show
Debra made her first TV show appearance in The Bill Cosby Show.
She practices yoga as a hobby which is a good way to find inner-peace and remain calm even during stressful days.
Debra Shaw Facts
- She was born in Philadelphia but brought up in New Jersey.
- In 1996, she was featured in the music video of George Michael‘s Fast Love.
- Prior to starting a career in modeling, Debra wanted to work as a fashion designer.
- She wore one of the last dresses designed by Gianni Versace prior to his assassination on July 15, 1997.
- In January 2019, Debra was listed on models.com’s “Industry Icons” list.
- For her inspiration in modeling, she looked up to people who had a unique style. Some of the models were Ziggy, Debbie Cobb, Yvette Prescott, and Tammy Echols.
- Before becoming a model, she worked as a saleswoman in a mall. A model spotted her and suggested that she should go to Paris and become a model.
- One of her unspoken talents is singing. She enjoys listening to music genres such as gospel, jazz, and neo-soul and found her musical inspiration from artists such as Sandra St. Victor, Carleen Anderson, N’dambi, Mica Paris, Maysa, and Soul singer Ledisi.
- She has often been compared to singer-songwriter Jill Scott for the talents that she shares with Jill.
- Debra once threw up on designer Gianfranco Ferrè’s shoes while trying to make to a trash can across the room.
- Her hobbies are doing yoga, going bike riding, and playing tennis.
- Debra supports causes Life Ball AIDS charity in Vienna, Austria and Orange Babies AIDS charity Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Debra Shaw / Instagram