|Debra Stephenson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 4, 1972|
Debra Stephenson is a British actress, comedienne, impressionist, and singer. She is known for playing various roles such as Diane Powell in Playing the Field, Shell Dockley in Bad Girls, and Frankie Baldwin in Coronation Street. Debra rose to fame after appearing on BBC talent show, Opportunity Knocks, at the age of 14 and made her way to the All-Winners Final. She is also a singer and released her debut album, In The Sunshine, in May 2005. Debra has voiced a number of characters for sketch shows such as Dead Ringers and New Zoids (2015–2016).
Debbie Stephenson, Debra Stevenson
Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
She divides her time among Poole, London, and Hull in England, United Kingdom.
Debra got enrolled at the South Hunsley School in Melton, East Riding of Yorkshire, at the age of 11. Then, she attended the Manchester Metropolitan School of Theatre and graduated from there in 1996.
Actress, Singer, Comedienne
- Father – Her father was a teacher at Eastfield Primary School, Hull.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
She is represented by –
- Curtis Brown, Literary agent, Haymarket House, London, England, United Kingdom
- Independent Talent Group Ltd. (Talent Agency), London, England, United Kingdom
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Debra has dated –
- James Duffield (1999-Present) – Debra married her builder husband, James Duffield, in June 1999. They have 2 children together – a son named Max (b. November 26, 2002) and a daughter named Zoe Louise (b. January 2007). James even gave up his job and life in London to move to Manchester with her. He is a house husband and looks after their children. It was reported that Debra lives in Dorset with her family.
Race / Ethnicity
She prefers to dye her hair in shades of ‘brown’.
She has appeared in a Closer magazine commercial in 2007.
Best Known For
Playing various roles such as Diane Powell in Playing the Field, Shell Dockley in Bad Girls, and Frankie Baldwin in Coronation Street
Debra released her debut album, In The Sunshine, on May 16, 2005, via Demon Music Group Ltd.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as herself on the game show, Opportunity Knocks, in 1987.
Debra tries to sustain a healthy lifestyle. During her pregnancies, she used to eat lots of refined sugar products like cakes, puddings, and cheese toasties. But, after she had her 2nd child, she turned things around and she took her diet to a whole new level.
The actress decided to get her pre-pregnancy body back by working out at least 3 times a week under the guidance of her personal trainer and nutritionist. She usually did core and leg exercises such as lunges, sit-ups, squats, Pilates, and free weight exercises.
When it came to her diet, she started focusing on eating a healthy and clean diet and also followed a diet plan prepared by her nutritionist so that she can maintain her energy level during the period of breastfeeding. She started avoiding butter and cream in her cooking and replaced them with things like avocado and olive oil, the sources good fats. She also avoided eating her children’s leftovers to curb the extra calories. The actress also consumed a food supplement, named Slendex, to maintain her blood sugar level and to suppress the sugar cravings.
During the whole process, she lost around 1 to 2 pounds a week and the good thing is that she has followed the routine ever since. She also indulges in various exercises to keep herself fit and lean which include press-ups against the wall, one-legged squats, and sit-ups using a gym ball. She also enjoys dancing and doing Pilates. She also attends ballet classes every now and then to keep her body toned and her posture up to the mark.
Debra Stephenson Facts
- She has appeared on several national TV talents shows since the age of 11.
- Her grandfather was a professor of history at Longcroft high school Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire from 1980 to 1990.
- Debra participated in a singing competition called Comic Relief Does Fame Academy in 2005 to raise money for charity and wrapped up her journey at the 5th spot.
- Stephenson played the role of a prisoner in Channel Virgin 1’s The Prisoner:X in December 2008. To get the feel of a real prisoner, she had to literally spend a night in segregation in the high-security prison in America where she was treated like an actual prisoner.
- Debra got back to back nominations in the Best Actress category at the National Television Awards in 1999 and 2000 for her superior performance as psychotic Dockley.
- She released her fitness DVD called The Busy Life Workout in 2006.
- Visit her official website @ debrastephenson.co.uk.
- Follow Debra Stephenson on Twitter.
Featured Image by Debra Stephenson / Twitter