|Dylan Kingwell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 6, 2004|
Dylan Kingwell is a Canadian actor and hockey player who made his first appearance on television at the age of 4 and his debut TV show appearance in 2010. However, it wasn’t until 2015 that he got his big break after being cast as Victor on The Returned. From there onwards, Dylan’s acting credits include various films and shows such as Supernatural (2015), The Wilding (2016), Campfire Kiss (2017), A Series of Unfortunate Events, and The Good Doctor. Besides that, he has also appeared in a number of commercials for brands such as Mattel and Nintendo. Over time, the charming actor has also accumulated a huge fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Actor, Hockey Player
- Mother – Jennifer Kingwell
- Siblings – Dylan has 2 older sisters.
Dylan is represented by Lissa Lloyd of Lloyd Talent.
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Dylan has Irish ancestry.
- Tall lean physique
- Perfect lips
Dylan has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- Conexus Credit
- Nintendo 3DS
- Strategic Milk Alliance
- Blue Diamond
- Canadian Tire
In the past, he also did a voice-over commercial for Samsung.
Best Known For
- His important portrayal of Young Stephen in The Tomorrow People (2013), Victor in The Returned (2015), a cameo in Big Eyes (2014), Young Sam Winchester in Supernatural (2015), Quigley and Duncan Quagmire in A Series of Unfortunate Events, and as Steve Murphy in The Good Doctor
- Starring in various other films such as Ice Sculpture Christmas (2015), The Christmas Note (2015), The Wilding (2016), and Campfire Kiss (2017)
- Being cast alongside various known actors like India Ennenga, Freddie Highmore, Nicholas Gonzalez, Tamlyn Tomita, Christina Chang, Neil Patrick Harris, Will Yun Lee, Fiona Gubelmann, Malina Weissman, Presley Smith, Lucy Punch, Kevin Alejandro, and Agnes Bruckner
- Appearing in commercials for various multi-national companies such as Mattel, Crayola, Walmart, Lexus, and Nintendo 3DS
He made his debut theatrical film appearance as a “Little Boy” in director Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s action and comedy film The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet in 2013. Also, cast in the film was Helena Bonham Carter, Judy Davis, Kyle Catlett, Niamh Wilson, and Julian Richings along with many others.
First TV Show
Kingwell made his debut TV show appearance as “Himself” in Breakfast Television in 2010.
Dylan certainly stays fit as he leads an active lifestyle and has been playing hockey since a very early age. Besides that, he also enjoys indulging in outdoor activities such as trekking, hiking, and biking.
Dylan Kingwell Favorite Things
- Person Ever – Ali Skovbye
Source – Instagram
Dylan Kingwell Facts
- He was raised in Vancouver as the middle child.
- It was Dylan’s childhood dream to be able to take a selfie beside the “Hollywood” sign in Los Angeles.
- He was 4 years old when he made his first appearance in a commercial. Later, at the age of 7, he made his first appearance in the TV film To the Mat in 2011 and at the age of 9, he starred in his debut theatrical film The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet (2013).
- At the age of 10, Dylan played at the Canlan Ice Sports Langley Twin Rinks. At the time, he also served as the assistant captain for Langley’s “AAA BC Lightning” team.
- Besides being an incredible actor and hockey player, Dylan is also very good academically as his parents wanted him to do well in school as well.
- His hockey teammates nicknamed him “Hollywood,” due to his acting profession.
- Dylan is a member of ACTRA’s autonomous branch, “Union of British Columbia Performers.”
- During his younger days, Dylan was the face of Mattel‘s range of toys. He had appeared in commercials for their Gas Out, UNO, Flip, Cars, Dusty, and Buzz Lightyear.
- Dylan is very passionate about reading and finds curiosity in scientific experiments and discoveries.
- He is an outgoing and friendly person who enjoys spending time around the people that he works with and family. Apart from that, he also enjoys going fishing.
- Dylan is skilled at playing the piano.
- In the past, Dylan had created his own YouTube channel under the title of “King Dylan.” However, the channel was later taken down.
- He has a black labrador named Guinness. He was named after the Irish dark beer which is also called “Guinness”.
- His secret to successful auditioning is doing plenty of research about a character, film, or TV show.
- Visit his official website @ dylankingwell.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image By Dylan Kingwell / Instagram