Elena Delle Donne
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Elena attended Ursuline Academy in her hometown Wilmington where she played for the basketball and volleyball team. After finishing her high-school studies, Delle Donne was offered a scholarship by the University of Connecticut which she did accept. However, because of her sister’s health problems, Elena left Connecticut in order to take care of Lizzie who suffered from cerebral palsy, was blind and lost her hair.
Eventually, she did not come back to the University of Connecticut but instead enrolled herself at the University of Delaware where she first played as a volleyball player until the start of 2009-2010 season when Elena decided to join the Blue Hens (the basketball team of University of Delaware).
Professional basketball player
- Father – Ernie Delle Donne (Real Estate Developer)
- Mother – Joanie Delle Donne
- Siblings – Gene Delle Donne (Older Brother), Elizabeth Delle Donne (Lizzie) (Older Sister)
Elena is signed with Erin Kane from the sports marketing agency called Octagon.
Guard / Forward
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
85 kg or 187 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
- Amanda Clifton (2016-Present) – In June 2016, Elena engaged with her long-time partner Amanda Clifton. Amanda works as a Director at Delle Donne Academy.
Race / Ethnicity
Elena’s natural hair color is Brown.
She sometimes likes to dye her hair Blonde.
- Towering height
- Big body
- Specific eye color
- Long hair
38-28-37 in or 96.5-71-94 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
13 (US) or 43.5 (EU)
Elena has signed sponsorship contracts with Nike, Gatorade, Christiana Care Health System, and Special Olympics.
Elena’s religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Playing in the WNBA and for winning the gold medal at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio as a member of United States’ basketball national team.
First Basketball Match
Elena had her WNBA debut on September 27, 2013 in a match against Phoenix Mercury. Elena’s team Chicago Sky won the game by 22 with the final result being 102-80. Delle Donne had a stunning performance with 22 points and 8 rebounds.
Delle Donne has not performed in a theatrical movie yet.
First TV Show
Elena first made a guest appearance in the talk show Melissa Harris-Perry in 2013.
Elena’s workout and diet programs are not known.
Elena Delle Donne Favorite Things
- Books – Angel Unaware (By Dale Evans)
- Holiday – Christmas
- Disney Princess – Elsa
Source – Sky.WNBA.com
Elena Delle Donne Facts
- In the 2013 WNBA Draft, Elena was picked by Chicago Sky as the second overall pick.
- She became the first female player to appear in a WNBA All-Star game in her rookie season.
- Elena was the 2015 WNBA Most Valuable Player (MVP).
- She played in the NBA All-Star Celebrity Games in 2014 and 2016.
- In February 2014, Elena became a Global Ambassador for Special Olympics.
- Delle Donne has achieved a gold medal at the 2011 World University Games in China.
- She could have been in the USA’s team for the 2014 World Championship, but because of her back injury, Elena missed the competition.
- Elena represented USA at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio.
- Delle Donne is the founder of Elena Delle Donne foundation.
- She was given the WNBA Rookie of the Year award in 2013.
- Her dog Wrigley Delle Donne (which is a Great Dane) has a dedicated Instagram page about him.
- If she wasn’t a basketball player, she would have been a Special Education teacher.
- If she could have dinner with just one person, he / she would be Ellen DeGeneres because she is extremely amusing.
- Visit her official website @ elenadelledonne.com.
- Follow Delle Donne on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.