|Ella Chen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 18, 1981|
Ella Chen is a Taiwanese actress best known for her performances in TV shows like Reaching for the Stars (2005–2006) and films such as Bad Girls (2012) and The Missing Piece (2015). She is also an accomplished singer, adored for her uniquely deep, alto voice.
Chen Jiahua, Ella, Chen Flying Again
Linluo, Pingtung, Republic of China (Taiwan)
Singer, Actress, Television Host
- Siblings – She has an older sister.
She is represented by EHalo Entertainment Co. Ltd.
Vocals, Piano, Guitar
HIM International Music
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Alvin Lai (2012-Present) – She tied the knot with Malaysian businessman Alvin Lai on May 5, 2012. In October 2016, she had made it known that she was 6 weeks pregnant with her first child. On April 12, 2017, she gave birth to her son named Daniel Lai.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’ and ‘light brown’.
- Thick eyebrows
- Slender frame
She has endorsed brands like Clinelle and Evian.
Ella Chen Favorite Things
- Film Stars – Meg Ryan, Robin Williams
- Accessory – Watches
- Notion Of Identity – It is fine to have numerous identities in life, no one has to get leashed up in only one.
Source – Elle.com.sg, My Anime List
Ella Chen Facts
- When she was vacationing with her sister in Taipei, her sibling had registered Ella for a singing competition to be held by HIM International Music on August 8, 2000. It was her sister who had dissuaded her fears of competing with a vast number of contestants and getting ridiculed for her tomboy disposition. Ella excelled at the auditions and was signed on to be a member of HIM’s girl band S.H.E.
- Her name ‘Ella’ signifies courage and originated from a personality test set by HIM Management Co. When Ella first suggested her signature, the employees at HIM dismissed it for being too simple and forgeable due to which during the initial days of S.H.E, Ella signed autographs writing the last character of her name, (pinyin: huà). However, as the girl band’s autograph sessions began to attract audiences on a huge scale, Ella got back to her modest, English signature.
- Her husband’s marriage proposal to Ella consisted of a little album filled with photos of herself involved in various activities along with captions in the Chinese language which were crammed with amusing mistakes like characters appearing to be flipped horizontally.
- Ella had suffered from urinary incontinence and bladder prolapse following a complicated birth of her child after which simple activities like running or even sneezing had become difficult. She had surgery in order to fix the problem.
- She has managed her life as a working mother by taking the help of a nanny to look after her child. However, when free, she spends her time exclusively with her child and her husband, having no childminder around.
- Ella is short-tempered by nature and has admitted having thrown tantrums at her husband, who she otherwise loves dearly.
- In November 2019, Ella had posted on her Facebook page that she was deeply stressed as she had misplaced her passport. However, the post was soon removed, leaving fans confused. Later, her husband made a post saying Ella had managed to obtain a replacement passport and had removed the post, so her fans would not worry unnecessarily.
Featured Image by HSU CHIH CHEN / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0