|Ellen White Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 9, 1989|
Ellen White is an English football player who started playing for Manchester City in 2019. She has been associated with different clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, Birmingham City, Leeds United, etc. and has maintained an excellent record on the score sheet throughout her career. The forward striker has played in FIFA Women’s World Cups in the years 2011, 2015, and 2019 and helped the England national team reach the semifinal stage in 2015 and 2019. Winner of the Bronze Boot in 2019, Ellen has been instrumental in garnering worldwide interest and viewership in women’s football. She has more than 55k followers on Instagram and more than 60k followers on Twitter.
Ellen Toni White
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Ellen attended the Grange School in Aylesbury. Furthermore, she studied Sports Science at Loughborough College in Leicestershire.
Professional Football Player
- Father – Jon White
- Siblings – Marcus White (Brother)
Ellen is represented by Marie-Christine Bouchier from the PFA (Professional Footballers’ Association).
- 18 – Manchester City
- 18 – England National Team
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ellen White has dated –
- Callum Convery – Ellen and Callum Convery met while studying sports science at the Loughborough University in Leicestershire. After dating for about 4 years, the two got engaged in 2013. A year and a half later in 2014, the couple tied the knot in an intimate winter wedding ceremony. Previously, Callum used to work as a sports development officer at the Nottinghamshire Football Association but he quit his job after Ellen was signed by Manchester City in July 2019 and they shifted their base to Manchester. Convery is often seen supporting his wife during her football matches.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled smile
- Mole on her left cheek (near the nose)
- Greek nose
Ellen has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Enough (Campaign against Racism)
- Soccer Supplement
- Smartfish Recharge
Best Known For
Scoring an impressive 6 goals during the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup and being one of the world’s best female football players
First Football Match
- Ellen made her professional debut with Chelsea in 2005 and remained the top scorer for 3 seasons till her departure in 2008.
- She played for Leeds United from 2008 to 2010 and scored twice in the 3-1 win against Everton Ladies during the final match of the FA Women’s Premier League Cup.
- She began her youth career with Arsenal, having been a part of the squad from the age of 8 to 16. She returned to the club in 2010 and scored 11 goals till the 2013 season.
- She joined Notts County in 2014 but was out for the entire season after suffering an ACL injury.
- In 2017, Ellen signed up with Birmingham City. She led her club to the finals of the 2017 FA Women’s Cup after scoring a winning penalty against Chelsea.
- She transferred to Manchester City in 2019. However, following an injury, she had to pull out of playing at the 2019 Women’s International Champions Cup in August.
- In March 2010, she played her debut senior match for the England National Team against Austria. She scored in the final minutes, helping her country win by 3-0.
- Technical ability
- Lethal Finishing
First TV Show
Other than the broadcast of her football matches, she made her TV show debut as “Herself” on Newsround in 2013.
Ellen White Favorite Things
- Football Player – Anthony Modeste
- Football League – Bundesliga
Source – 90 Min
Ellen White Facts
- Ellen began playing football at the age of 4 in a mini-league academy called Mini Dux, run by her father. She played alongside her brother and older boys in the team.
- At the age of 10, she played for Aylesbury Town in a mixed league (boys and girls) and scored a stunning 109 goals in one season.
- In 2019, her goal celebrations went viral and became the talking point during the 2019 Women’s World Cup. Her way of placing her hands on the eyes to make them look like goggles was an ode to Anthony Modeste, her favorite football player, who celebrated his victories in a similar fashion.
- Ellen is best friends with her teammate and captain of the England football team, Stephanie Houghton.
- Ellen had revealed that while growing up, her family had always supported West Ham United.
- In recognition of her football career, Ellen was awarded the Freedom of Aylesbury in 2016.
- She has 2 kittens named Chalky and Oreo.
- Her wonder goal against Japan during the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup helped England win 2-0 during a group stage match against Japan, who eventually won the tournament. She was recognized as England Women’s Player of the Year for her excellent form in 2011.
- Ellen made history in 2019 as the first England player to score consecutively in 5 World Cup matches.
- She became the joint top goalscorer alongside Alex Morgan and Megan Rapinoe at the 2019 Women’s World Cup, with 6 goals each. Based on the number of assists created in the least amount of time, Megan received the Golden Boot, Alex the Silver Boot, and Ellen was awarded the Bronze Boot.
- Additionally, her tally of 6 goals helped her join the ranks of Harry Kane and Gary Lineker, who each scored 6 goals during the 2018 and 1986 World Cup tournaments respectively.
- After 2011, Ellen was named England Women’s Player of the Year again in 2018.
- Ellen was among the first generation of female players to be featured in the groundbreaking video game, FIFA 16, released in September 2015. Other star players to be included were Steph Houghton, Alex Morgan, Carly Telford, etc.
- Following the 2019 Women’s World Cup, it was revealed that Ellen’s yearly salary was £60,000. This is in stark contrast to Harry Kane, who took home £200,000 per week after scoring the same number of goals at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- She was named in the 18-woman squad representing Great Britain at the 2012 London Olympics. Her team reached the quarter-finals stage of the competition.
- She supports FC Cologne (FC Köln) from the German football league, Bundesliga.
- Follow Ellen White on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Katie Chan / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0