|Élodie Yung Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 22, 1981|
Élodie Yung is a gorgeous French actress who is best known for portraying the role of Marvel Comics’ fictional character Elektra Natchios in Daredevil (2016) and The Defenders (2017). She is also noted for being cast in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) and The Hitman’s Bodyguard (2017). Elodie has a huge fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram.
Élodie graduated with a degree in Law from the University of Paris. Later, she decided to take on acting and 29-year-old Élodie at that time started going to the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
Élodie is represented by –
- Claire Hoath Management
- Independent Talent Agency
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Élodie has dated –
- Jonathan Howard – Élodie is dating English actor Jonathan Howard. The couple has been together for many years. On August 2, 2018, they had their first child, a girl named Minavann Yung Howard.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She has Cambodian ancestry on her father’s side and French as well as Italian ancestry on her mother’s side.
Élodie has two brown spots in the left eye.
Élodie has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Starring as Elektra Natchios in Netflix’s Daredevil in 2016 and The Defenders in 2017
- Being cast as Miriam Wu in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) and Amelia Roussel in The Hitman’s Bodyguard (2017)
- Being a black belt in Karate
Élodie made her theatrical film debut appearance as Tsu in the film Les fils du vent (English Title The Great Challenge) in 2004. The film was later, released in several other countries like Belgium, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Iceland, the United States etc.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Jade Perrin in the French drama series La vie devant nous in 2002.
Élodie used to train 3 to 5 times a week for her role as Elektra Natchios under the guidance of Coach Derek in The Academy. During that time, she used to do 3 days of cardio and circuit intense training and as for the remaining 2 days, she trained in mixed martial arts.
Her 5-day warm-up routine was –
- Jogging (800m)
- Pull-ups (3 Sets – 5 Reps)
- Jump Squats (3 Sets – 10 Reps)
- Dips (3 Sets – 15 Reps)
- Push Ups (3 Sets – 20 Reps)
Élodie’s workout routine would commonly consist of exercises such as burpees, deadlifts, bench press, jump ropes etc.
Élodie Yung Favorite Things
- Pair Of Clothes – A T-shirt and a pair of shorts that she used to wear in the 90’s
- Band – Queen
- Song – Under Pressure (1982), Don’t Stop Me Now (1978), I Want to Break Free (1984), The Show Must Go On (1991)
Source – Instagram, TheLaterals.com
Élodie Yung Facts
- She was born in Paris but was raised in Seine-saint-Denis, Le Bourget.
- As a child, she went through difficult times growing up on the outskirts of Paris.
- Prior to being an actress, Élodie wanted to be a judge. However, at the of 29, she made a life-changing decision to become an actress.
- Élodie’s character as Marvel’s Elektra made her the first ever non-American actress to bring the fictional character to life.
- In the past, she was selected for the role of Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice (2016).
- Élodie was 9 years old when her father asked her to make a decision, either to learn the piano or Karate. She picked Karate and already earned a black belt by the age of 19 and is also trained in martial arts.
- In the past, she had auditioned to be in a commercial and instead got to play an important role in La vie devant nous.
- She is a big supporter of the humanitarian group called Cambodian Children’s Fund.
- Her parents are both survivors of the Pol Pot massacre that took place from 1975 to 1979 during the rule of former Prime Minister, Pol Pot.
- Élodie has a dog that she calls “The Hyena”.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Élodie Yung / Instagram