|Erich Bergen Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 31, 1985|
Erich Bergen is an American actor and singer who developed an interest in acting at a very young age. By the age of 9, his parents had got enrolled him in an after-school acting program. While performing in the after-school theater program, he was discovered by his agent. Later, he got his first big acting gig in the national tour of Jersey Boys. He earned mainstream popularity by reprising the same role in the TV version of the play. He is also well known for his role in the political drama TV series, Madam Secretary.
New York City, New York, United States
He divides his time between Los Angeles and New York City.
Erich Bergen went to the North Carolina School of the Arts, Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He has also attended Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Center in Loch Sheldrake, New York. He studied at the arts center for 7 years.
Actor, Presenter, Singer
- Father – David Bergen
- Mother – Cindy Bergen
- Siblings – None
Erich Bergen is represented by –
- Don Buchwald & Associates L.A. (Talent and Literary Agency)
- Anonymous Content (Talent Management Company)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Erich Bergen has opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on his father’s side.
- Dashing Good Looks
- Tall Height
Erich Bergen has used his social media activity to promote products and brands such as Bonobos Menswear.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Bob Gaudio in the musical drama TV series, Jersey Boys in 2014
- Having played the role of Blake Moran in the CBS TV series, Madam Secretary
- Having made guest appearances in TV shows such as Childrens Hospital, Franklin & Bash, and Person of Interest
In September 2010, he released his first album, The Vegas Sessions.
In 2013, he made his theatrical film debut in the musical drama flick, How Sweet It Is.
First TV Show
In 1996, Erich Bergen made his first TV show appearance in The Taco Bell Dana Carvey Show episode of sketch comedy TV series, The Dana Carvey Show. However, his appearance in the show wasn’t credited.
In 2007, he made his first credited appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Erich Bergen Favorite Things
- Childhood Singer – Michael Jackson
Source – BroadwayBox.com
Erich Bergen Facts
- His audition for the role in Jersey Boys lasted for about 90 seconds. He did a scene from the show and performed Cry For Me, which he had performed for over a thousand times.
- When he was about 9 or 10 years old, his parents introduced him to musical theatre and Broadway.
- At the age of 9, he started going to after-school theater program called Children’s Aid Society.
- While studying in an after-school theatre program, he was scouted by a female talent agent, Lori Danziger, who advised him to get enrolled at the Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Center.
- As a music artist, he has performed in live shows with established singers such as Victoria Shaw, Garth Brooks, Faith Hill, Marty Panzer, and Barry Manilow.
- In 2013, he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Later, he had to undergo chemotherapy.
- He dropped out of the New York City public high school just 3 days after starting his senior year.
- At the age of 20, he was cast in the role of Bob Gaudio in the national tour of musical Jersey Boys. He played the same role in Los Angeles and Las Vegas productions of the show.
- In 2009, he was fired from his role in Las Vegas production of Jersey Boys. However, they had to rehire him for the TV production of Jersey Boys.
- In his teen years, he used to host a podcast called Green Room Radio, in which he used to interview Broadway actors.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Erich Bergen / Instagram