|Erling Braut Håland Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 21, 2000|
Erling Braut Håland is a Norwegian professional soccer player who is renowned for his clinical finishing capabilities and has represented major clubs in Norway, Austria, and Germany. He came into the spotlight after joining the Austrian club Red Bull Salzburg with whom he completed the double of winning both the Austrian Football Bundesliga and the Austrian Cup in the 2018-19 season. His stocks soared further as he became the 1st teenager to score in 5 successive UEFA Champions League matches in the 2019-20 season after which he was signed up by German giants Borussia Dortmund in January 2020. At the international level, Erling has represented Norway at several age-group levels and won the ‘Golden Boot’ award at the 2019 FIFA Under-20 World Cup. He made his senior international debut for Norway in September 2019.
Erling Braut Håland
Man-child, Big Earl, Zlatan Jr.
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
He splits his time between Norway and Dortmund, Germany.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Alf-Inge Håland (Former Professional Soccer Player)
- Mother – Gry Marita
- Siblings – Astor Håland (Older Brother), Gabrielle Håland (Younger Sister)
- Others – Albert Braut Tjaaland (Maternal Cousin) (Soccer Player), Jonatan Braut Brunes (Cousin) (Soccer Player)
- 23 – Norway
- 19 – Bryne FK
- 30 – Molde FK, Red Bull Salzburg
- 17 – Borussia Dortmund
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Norwegian descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Erling Braut Håland Facts
- As Erling was born in Leeds, while his father was playing professionally in England, he was eligible to play for England but chose to represent his father’s native country Norway.
- He started his youth career with his hometown club Bryne, where his family had moved when he was 3. He played for the club’s reserve team Bryne 2 in the 2015-16 season, scored 18 goals in just 14 games, and was consequently promoted to the senior team at the age of just 15.
- In July 2018, he scored 4 goals for Molde FK within the first 21 minutes against runaway league-table leaders SK Brann. He achieved his hat-trick in just 11 minutes and 2 seconds. He was the club’s top goal-scorer across all competitions in that season.
- From July 2019 to September 2019, he scored an astonishing 4 hat-tricks for Austrian club Red Bull Salzburg. During his stint with the club, he became the first player ever to net 6 goals in his first 3 games in the UEFA Champions League.
- At the 2019 FIFA Under-20 World Cup, he scored the most number of goals (9) even though Norway played only 3 games and was knocked out at the group stage itself. The team scored 13 goals, 12 of which came in a 12-0 drubbing of Honduras and Erling scored all his 9 goals in that one game. The next-best goal scorer had only 4 goals to his name.
- He also scored a hat-trick in his debut game for German club Borussia Dortmund in January 2020 and became the 1st player in Bundesliga history to score 5 goals in his first 2 games.
Featured Image by Erling Braut Håland / Instagram