|Felix Van Groeningen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1977|
Felix Van Groeningen is a talented Belgian director and screenwriter. He is renowned for dealing with a complicated storyline and using unique sound effects in his films like Beautiful Boy, Belgica, The Broken Circle Breakdown, The Misfortunates, With Friends Like These, and Steve + Sky. His film, The Broken Circle Breakdown (2012), was also nominated in the ‘Best Foreign Language Film’ category at the 86th Academy Awards.
Felix van Groeningen
Gent, Flanders, Belgium
Felix Van Groeningen graduated with a Masters degree in Audiovisual Arts from the Royal Academy of Fine Arts (KASK), Belgium in 2000.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Seppe (Older Brother)
Felix Van Groeningen is managed by –
- Management 360, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- CAA, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Attorney Alan Wertheimer of Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein Firm, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Felix Van Groeningen has dated –
- Delfine Bafort (2003) – In 2003, Felix dated his Steve + Sky actress and model, Delfine Bafort.
- Charlotte Vandermeersch – Felix has been in a relationship with actress Charlotte Vandermeersch for a while. They met during the filming of Felix’s film, Days Without Love (2007). They have a son named Rufus (born 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
He has not endorsed any brand yet.
Best Known For
Making films having troubled characters in a complex storyline such as Beautiful Boy (2018), Belgica (2016), The Broken Circle Breakdown (2012), The Misfortunates (2009), With Friends Like These (2007), and Steve + Sky (2004). The film, The Broken Circle Breakdown (2012), received an Oscar nomination for “Best Foreign Language Film” in 2014.
As a Director
He made his theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama film, Steve + Sky (2004).
First TV Show
In 2009, he made his first TV show appearance in the talk-show, De zevende dag.
Felix Van Groeningen Favorite Things
- Cuisine – Thai
- Café-Restaurant – Ploy Phochana
- Fragrance – Arabian Wood by Tom Ford
Source – fleur-van-groningen.blogspot.com
Felix Van Groeningen Facts
- His parents divorced when he was young.
- His parents lived a liberal lifestyle and even after their divorce, they lived in the same house along with their individual partners.
- He is fluent in many languages including Flemish Dutch, French, and English.
- In 2004, he released a book titled “Steve en Sky”, which was later made into a film.
- He made his Hollywood directorial debut in Brad Pitt production film, Beautiful Boy (2018), starring Steve Carell and Timothée Chalamet.
- In 2018, he won a Hollywood Film Award in the “Breakthrough Director” category for the film, Beautiful Boy (2018).
- From 2004 to 2016, all of Van Groeningen’s feature films were produced by Menuet Production Company.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Paul Katzenberger / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0