|Fernandinho Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 4, 1985|
Fernandinho is a Brazilian soccer player who has been considered by many experts and analysts as one of the most underrated current players in world soccer. The dirty work that he often performs for his team is not visible to the game audience but it gives a secure platform to his team’s attacking players to forget about the defensive side of the game. His Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has even claimed that if he had 3 Fernandinho in his team, they would easily win the championship titles. His stable and calm presence in the midfield helped Shakhtar Donetsk win 6 league titles.
Fernando Luiz Roza
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Information about Fernandinho’s formal education isn’t known.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Luis Carlos Roza
- Mother – Cristiane Machado de Oliveira
- Siblings – Thaís Fernanda Roza (Sister)
Fernandinho is represented by Mondial Sport Management.
7 – Shakhtar Donetsk
25 – Manchester City
17, 5 – Brazil National Team
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Fernandinho has dated –
- Glaucia Roza – Fernandinho has been married to Glaucia Roza for nearly a decade. They had been dating for quite some time before they decided to tie the knot. He has even got her name tattooed on the inside of his left wrist. In March 2010, she gave birth to their son, Davi. She gave birth to their daughter, Mariana in January 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Brazilian ancestry.
He often shaves his head.
Fernandinho has a personal endorsement deal with Nike. Because of the deal, he wears Nike footwear for his professional matches.
He is a devout Christian and has called Jesus Christ his biggest inspiration.
Best Known For
His accomplished performances for the Manchester City in the heart of their midfield. Since his transfer to the club in 2013, he has been ever-present in the team and has helped his side win multiple league titles and cup competitions.
First Soccer Match
- In 2002, he made his professional debut with the Brazilian team, Atlético Paranaense.
- In July 2005, he made his first appearance for Shakhtar Donetsk in a league match against Kryvbas. He was sent in late in the match, which they won by 1-0.
- In August 2013, Fernandinho made his professional debut for Manchester City in a league match against Newcastle United. City won the match by 4-0 in a home match.
- In August 2011, he made his first international start for the Brazilian National Team in a friendly match against Germany. They lost the thrilling match by 3-2.
- Aerial Ability
- Reading of the game
- Passing Range
- Long Shots
He doesn’t have any apparent weaknesses in his game.
First Web Show
Apart from the broadcast of his football matches, he made his web show debut in 2018 on the sports documentary series, All or Nothing: Manchester City.
Fernandinho participates in various game and fitness drills with his club team to keep his fitness up for his professional commitments. He also spends a lot of time in the gym to sustain the physical side of his game, which is key for his defensive contributions.
- In 2004, he managed to finish as a runner-up in the Brazilian top flight with Atlético Paranaense. In 2005, his team managed to finish as the runner-up in the prestigious, Libertadores da America.
- Apart from his native Portuguese, he is also fluent in Spanish, English, Russian, and Italian.
- In 2005, he moved to Ukraine as Shakhtar Donetsk decided to pay a transfer fee of £7 million to Paranaense.
- In November 2005, he scored his first professional goal for Shakhtar Donetsk in a UEFA Champions League group stage match against VfB Stuttgart, which ended in a 2-0 win for his side.
- He managed to establish himself as a key player for his new club in the 1st season itself as he played in 34 matches, which included 23 league appearances. He managed to score 3 goals in the league as well.
- In his debut season at Shakhtar Donetsk, he managed to win the top flight title with his new team. He played a key role in the championship-deciding match against Dynamo Kyiv which Donetsk won by 2-1.
- By the start of 2007-08 season, he improved his goal-scoring output and scored 11 goals in 29 league matches as Donetsk managed to recapture the league title. They also managed to win the Ukrainian Cup.
- At the end of 2007-08 season, he was declared “Shakhtar Donetsk Player of the Season”. He was also named as “Top Player” of the Ukrainian Premier League.
- In June 2013, he moved to England as Manchester City paid a transfer fee of £34 million to secure his services. It was claimed that he had decided to forego £4 million owed to him by Shakhtar so as to seal a move to the English club.
- During his stay at Shakhtar, he made 284 appearances for the club and scored 53 goals. He managed to win 6 league titles and 4 domestic cups with the club.
- After his move to Manchester City, he slotted straight into the midfield of Manuel Pellegrini’s team. He played in 33 league matches and scored 5 goals in those appearances.
- In his debut season with Manchester City, he once again brought in his golden touch as his side won the English top-flight title and English league cup.
- In December 2013, he scored his first goal for Manchester City in a match against Arsenal. His side won the match by 6-3 and he was named the man of the match for having scored two goals in the match.
- He was a vital cog of Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City team that managed to romp to the English top-flight title in 2017-18 season. He had scored 3 goals and recorded 3 assists in his 30 appearances.
- In March 2014, he scored his first goal for the Brazilian national side in their friendly match against South Africa. Brazil won the match by 5-0.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Leon Queeley / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0