|Filipe Luís Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1985|
Over the years, Filipe Luís has established himself as one of the finest attacking left-backs in the European leagues. He started his soccer career as an attacking midfielder, which has lent an eye-catching flair to his game. Under the shrewd guidance of Diego Simeone, he has made his defensive game watertight. The Argentine coach also played a key role in securing Filipe’s return from Chelsea just a season after his departure from Spain.
Filipe Luís Kasmirski
Jaraguá do Sul, Santa Catarina, Brazil
He is based in Madrid, Spain.
Filipe Luís polished his skills and game at the youth academy of Figueirense.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Moises Kasmirski
- Mother – Sueli Stinghen Kasmirski
- Siblings – Luis Cláudio Kasmirski (Brother)
- Others – Ignacio Kasmirski (Paternal Grandfather), Ivo Stinghen (Maternal Grandfather), Elzira Chiodini (Maternal Grandmother)
Filipe Luís is represented by Portuguese football agent Jorge Mendes.
3 – Atlético Madrid, Chelsea FC, Deportivo de La Coruña
14, 6 – Atlético Madrid
25 – Deportivo de La Coruña, Ajax Amsterdam
6, 16, 14 – Brazil National Team
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Filipe Luís has dated –
- Patricia Kasmirski (2010-Present) – In 2010, he started going out with Patricia Kasmirski. He met her after having joined Atletico Madrid. Eventually, they got married in a romantic wedding ceremony and in 2013, Patricia gave birth to their son, Tiago. Their daughter, Sara, was born in 2014. They welcomed their second son, Lucas, into their family in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Polish and Italian ancestry on his father’s side. While on his mother’s side, he is of Italian and Austrian descent.
Filipe Luís has signed a personal endorsement deal with Adidas. The deal requires him to wear Adidas shoes for all his professional matches.
Best Known For
His great performances for the Spanish side, Atlético Madrid. His performances for the team have helped him become one of the finest full-backs in the Spanish league.
First Soccer Match
In September 2006, he made his professional debut for Deportivo de La Coruña in a La Liga match against RCD Mallorca. The match ended in a goalless draw.
In September 2010, he made his first appearance for Atlético Madrid in a home La Liga match against Real Zaragoza. He assisted Diego Costa‘s goal which was the only goal scored in the match. He was declared Man of the Match.
He made his first appearance for Chelsea FC in a Premier League match against Everton in August 2014. He replaced Eden Hazard late in the 2nd half of the match which his side won by 6-3.
In October 2009, he made his first international appearance in a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Venezuela.
First TV Show
In 2015, Filipe Luís made his first TV show appearance in the sports show, Match of the Day.
Filipe Luís Facts
- He started his soccer journey at the Brazilian soccer club, Figueirense FC. At Figueirense, he used to play as an attacking midfielder.
- In 2004, he moved to the iconic AFC Ajax. He was immediately moved to the Ajax reserve team.
- While he was signed up with Ajax, he was called up by manager Danny Blind twice. However, he never made a professional appearance with the Dutch club.
- In August 2006, he joined the Spanish club, Deportivo. His new club had an option to buy him out for $2.2 million. The club decided to sign him on a permanent basis in June 2008. He signed a 5-year contract with his new club.
- In his first season after signing a permanent deal with Deportivo, he appeared in all 38 league matches for the club and was the only player at the club to play in all the matches.
- In January 2010, he suffered a serious injury after Athletic Bilbao goalkeeper Gorka Iraizoz landed on his leg, which caused serious damage to his right fibula. He had to miss matches for about 4 months.
- He moved to Atlético Madrid in July 2010 as the capital club decided to pay a reported transfer fee of €12 million. He signed a 5-year contract with his new club.
- He scored his first goal for Atlético Madrid in April 2011 in his side’s match against Real Sociedad. His side comfortably won the match by 3-0.
- He managed to win the La Liga title with his team in the 2013-14 season. At the end of the season, he was voted the best defender in the Spanish league along with Sergio Ramos.
- Chelsea FC decided to stump out a fee of £15.8 million to secure the Brazilian full-back. In July 2014, he signed a 3-year contract deal with the club.
- In December 2014, he scored his first goal for Chelsea in the League Cup quarter-final match against Derby County. It was a 25-yard free-kick that helped his side win the match by 3-1.
- In his only season with Chelsea, he won the Premier League title. He also managed to win Football League Cup with the London based club.
- In July 2015, he decided to return to Atlético Madrid and signed a 4-year contract with the club.
- He suffered a fibula fracture in the left leg in a Europa League match against FC Lokomotiv Moscow in March 2018. He had collided with Eder while chasing the ball.
- He scored his first international goal in the 2018 World Cup qualification match against Peru in November 2015. His side won the match by 3-0.
- Follow Filipe Luís on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Светлана Бекетова / soccer.ru / CC BY-SA 3.0