Rafael Alcântara do Nascimento
São Paulo, Brazil
- Father – Mazinho Alcantara (Former Footballer who won the 1994 FIFA World Cup)
- Mother – Valeria Nascimento (Former Volleyball Player)
- Siblings – Thiago Alcantara (Older Brother) (Professional Footballer), Rodrigo Moreno Machado (Cousin) (Professional Footballer)
Rafael is signed with Mondial Sport.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
71 kg or 156½ lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rafael’s dating history is not known.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Portuguese ancestry.
- Short stature
Rafinha’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 31 in or 79 cm
Rafael has not appeared in a TV commercial.
Best Known For
Being part of the FC Barcelona’s team which won the 2014-2015 UEFA Champions League and the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 La Liga trophy.
First Football Match
Rafinha debuted for Barcelona B on January 8, 2011 in a 1-2 loss against Girona FC.
He had his debut for Barcelona’s first team on November 9, 2011 in a 1-0 victory over CE L’Hospitalet.
Rafael played his first match for Celta de Vigo on August 19, 2013 in a 1-1 draw against RCD Espanyol.
On September 5, 2015, Rafael achieved his first cap for the senior national team of Brazil in a friendly match against Costa Rica.
- He joined the youth team of FC Barcelona when he was 13.
- Rafinha scored his first professional goal in a match against UD Salamanca.
- On June 27, 2013, Rafael extended his contract with FC Barcelona until 2016.
- After his contract extension with FC Barcelona, he was sent on loan to Celta de Vigo.
- On September 16, 2015, after a duel with Roma’s midfielder Radja Nainggolan, Rafael experienced an injury with a torn right anterior cruciate ligament. He underwent a surgery and was expected to be out for a period of six months.
- Despite being native Brazilian, Rafinha first played for the national youth team of Spain including for U-19. However, in 2012, he shifted to Brazil’s U-20 squad and appeared at the 2013 South American Youth Championship.
- Rafael scored his first goal for the Spanish national team on September 9, 2015, in a match against the United States.
- Follow Rafinha on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.