|Franck Kessié Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1996|
Franck Kessié has established himself as one of the best young midfielders in Serie A. He has skillfully used his superior physical attributes such as stamina and strength to add bite to the midfield. His powerful surges from the deep and through the center of the field give an extra dimension to the attacking play of his teams. Franck Kessié has been so good that he has been linked with moves to European giants such as Manchester United and Chelsea.
Franck Yannick Kessié
The New Yaya Toure
Ouragahio, Ivory Coast
Franck Kessié honed his soccer skills at Stella Club d’Adjamé.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – His father was a professional soccer player who later joined the Ivory Coast army.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Franck Kessié is represented by George Atangana.
30 – AC Cesena
98, 19 – Atalanta BC
79 – AC Milan
8, 7, 11, 14 – Ivory Coast National Team
6 ft or 183 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Franck Kessié intends to keep the focus firmly on his game and, therefore, prefers to keep his private life away from the public domain, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life.
Race / Ethnicity
Imposing physical presence
Franck Kessié has signed an endorsement contract with Nike. As per the clauses of the deal, he is required to wear Nike footwear for his professional matches.
He has also inked a sponsorship deal with SoBe Sport.
Best Known For
Being one of the most promising young central midfielders in the Serie A. He has established himself as a vital cog in the AC Milan team. In his debut season with the club, he only missed one game in the league campaign.
First Soccer Match
In September 2015, Franck Kessié made his professional debut with Cesena in a Serie B match against Perugia. He was sent in as Antonino Ragusa’s replacement.
In August 2016, he made his first appearance for Atalanta in the Coppa Italia home match against Cremonese. He scored the final goal in his side’s 3-0 win.
In July 2017, Franck made his debut for AC Milan in the first leg of Europa League qualification match against Romanian club, CS U Craiova.
In September 2014, he made his international debut for Ivory Coast national team in the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualification match against Sierra Leone. His team won the home match by 2-1.
- Work rate
- Shooting accuracy
Franck Kessié Favorite Things
- Dream Club – Manchester United
- Inspiration – Michael Essien
Franck Kessié Facts
- In January 2015, he joined Serie A club Atalanta on a 3-year deal. The 16-year-old Kessie was moved to the club’s Primavera squad.
- He joined Cesena on a year-long loan deal. He soon established himself as a first choice midfielder and made 37 appearances in the Serie B. He also scored 4 goals but his team missed out on promotion to Serie A after losing the playoffs.
- Kessié scored his first professional goal in October 2015 as he netted his side’s 2nd goal in a 2-0 win over Virtus Lanciano.
- In August 2016, he renewed his contract with Atalanta to extend his stay at the club until 2021. A couple of days later, he proved why the club was so eager to offer him a new contract as he scored a brace in his Serie A debut. However, he ended up on the losing side as Lazio won by 4-3.
- When he scored his 6th goal for Atalanta in the 2016-17 season, he became the youngest player in the top European flight to reach the target.
- Early in his career, he used to play as a center back. It was Cesena’s coach, Massimo Drago, who decided to make him play in the midfield in his sole season with the club.
- In June 2017, Franck joined AC Milan on a 2-year loan deal with an obligation to buy on the expiry of the loan deal. In that transfer window, the Milanese club had spent €200 million to turn the club into world beaters.
- He scored his first goal for AC Milan in August 2017. He tucked in a penalty in Milan‘s first match of Serie A campaign against Crotone. Milan won the match comfortably by 3-0.
- He often celebrates after scoring a goal with a military salute as a tribute to his deceased father who passed away when Franck was 11 years old.
- During the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup, the Royal Moroccan Football Federation raised an objection about Kessie’s age as they claimed that he was 22 years old instead of 16. FIFA rejected their claims and affirmed that he was indeed 16 years old.
- Follow Franck Kessié on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Franck Kessié / Instagram