|Gegard Mousasi Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 1, 1985|
Gegard Mousasi is a successful and popular Mixed Martial Arts fighter. He has managed to become world champion on multiple occasions in various divisions while fighting for different organizations. When he left UFC in July 2017, he was placed at the 4th spot in the official UFC middleweight rankings.
The Dreamcatcher, The Armenian Assassin
The information about Gegard Mousasi’s formal education isn’t available.
Mixed Martial Artist, Former Kickboxer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Gewik Mousasi (Older Brother) (MMA Trainer)
Heavyweight /Openweight (2009)
Light Heavyweight (2009–2013)
76 in or 193 cm
Kickboxing, Boxing, Judo
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm (As listed on UFC)
His actual height is considered to be 6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm.
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gegard Mousasi has dated –
- Cindy Dandois (2017) – In 2017, Gegard was linked with the fellow MMA fighter, Cindy Dandois. It was claimed that they had been dating behind the scenes for quite some time.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Armenian ancestry.
Strong and heavy jaw
Gegard Mousasi has signed endorsement deals with the following brands –
- Tapout Inc.
- EA Sports MMA
- Clinch Gear
- Full Tilt Poker
- Hye Fighters
He was raised in a Christian household.
Best Known For
His success and popularity as a Mixed Martial Artist. He has managed to win multiple titles including DREAM Light Heavyweight Champion, DREAM Middleweight Champion, and Cage Warriors World Middleweight Champion.
First UFC Match
In April 2013, he made his professional UFC debut at the UFC on Fuel TV 9 in a match against Ilir Latifi. His debut was eventful as he was previously slated to take on Alexander Gustafsson but Gustafsson was deemed unfit for the fight after he suffered a cut during training. So, Gegard fought against Latifi with an injured knee and eventually managed to win by a unanimous decision.
First Web Show
In 2010, Gegard Mousasi made his first web show appearance on the sports talk show, MMA H.E.A.T.
Gegard Mousasi has got a grueling and intensive workout regime in place to keep himself in a fighting shape. To improve his conditioning and endurance, he prefers to workout multiple body parts in a circuit workout. The workout includes bodyweight exercises such as squats, complex lifts such as deadlifts and snatch and clean, and some cardio exercises.
When he is training for a fight, he completely cuts down sugar from his diet and absolutely refrains from drinking any sugared drinks. He also reduces carbs from his dietary intake and focuses more on proteins and eats a lot of fruits and vegetables.
However, he is not a big fan of strict diets that other MMA fighters often rely on. He feels it is hard to eat small and perfect meals every 2 hours. He just focuses on eating sensibly and ensuring that he has enough fuel to keep him going on.
Gegard Mousasi Favorite Things
- Dinner Guest – Hitler (He would like to see how his crazy brain worked.)
Source – Bloody Elbow
Gegard Mousasi Facts
- He spends his free time looking after his real estate business. He never spends the money he earns from his fights and instead invests it to buy more real estate properties. He uses the rent coming from his properties for his expenses.
- When he was 4 years old, he and his family moved out of Iran and settled down in Leiden, Netherlands.
- After he finished his grade school education, he started getting interested in martial arts.
- At the age of 8, he started taking training in judo.
- He took up boxing after he turned 15. The following year, he managed to become the amateur boxing champion of the Netherlands. By that time, he held a record of 12-1. He had won 9 out of his 12 matches via knockout.
- From boxing, he moved to kickboxing. Then, he decided to take up mixed martial arts.
- In January 2011, it was revealed that he was considering to give boxing a try for the 2012 Summer Olympics. He wanted to compete in the qualifiers for the Netherlands. However, after signing a contract with Strikeforce and suffering an injury, he decided to give up on his dream to compete at the Olympics.
- He has managed to earn a black belt in Judo.
- He has been trained by Bert Kops Jr. and Chris Dolman and Joop Kruis have served as his teachers.
- He has been a part of various high profile fight teams including Sportschool Jurojin, Red Devil International, and Kops Gym.
- Follow Gegard Mousasi on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Gegard Mousasi / Instagram