|Georgina Campbell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 12, 1992|
Georgina Campbell is an actress who started her acting career at the age of 15 after she was spotted on a street in London. Soon after being discovered, she bagged a lead role in her debut show, Freak. Then, she started her grind by appearing in bit part roles in British TV shows such as Holby City, Doctors, and The Dumping Ground. She made her big breakthrough with her intense portrayal of a domestic abuse victim in Murdered by My Boyfriend. She was so brilliant in the role that she managed to overcome competition from established actresses such as Sheridan Smith and Sarah Lancashire to win a BAFTA TV Award in 2015.
Georgina Alice Campbell
Maidstone, Kent, England, United Kingdom
Georgina Campbell went to the Royal Holloway, University of London and graduated with a degree in film studies in 2014.
- Father – He was employed in law enforcement.
- Mother – She worked as a social care and health teacher.
- Siblings – Sarah Campbell (Older Sister), Ellie Campbell (Younger Sister)
- Others – Her stepfather worked as a bookbinder.
Georgina Campbell is represented by –
- London-based Independent Talent Group Ltd.
- Beverly Hills-based United Talent Agency
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Georgina Campbell is not a big fan of sharing her personal life with the public, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
She has Jamaican ancestry on her father’s side, while, on her mother’s side, she is of English descent.
Georgina Campbell has used her sizeable social media following to promote products and brands such as –
- Alberta Ferretti
- Casper UK
- Holly Ounstead Style
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role of Ashley Jones in the BBC Three drama, Murdered by My Boyfriend. She won a BAFTA TV Award for her flawless portrayal of a domestic violence victim.
- Having made appearances in the popular TV shows such as Holby City and Doctors
- Being cast in the leading role in the science fiction and superhero action TV series, Krypton
In 2017, she made her theatrical film debut as Kay in the epic fantasy movie, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.
First TV Show
In 2009, Georgina Campbell made her first TV show appearance in the lead role on the teen drama show, Freak.
Georgina relies on her active lifestyle to keep herself fit. She loves to go running or for long walks. She also likes to go boating. Georgina also undertakes training programs to prepare for her roles. She has even taken MMA and fighting training to prepare for her fight scenes.
Georgina Campbell Favorite Things
- Childhood Movie – Titanic (1997)
Source – BBC
Georgina Campbell Facts
- She was discovered by director Sarah Walker while Georgina was walking down the street in London. She asked Georgina whether she was an actress and when Georgina responded with no, she invited her for an audition. Georgina was 15 years old at that time.
- Her first audition turned out to be for the lead role in the teen drama, Freak. She obviously managed to ace the audition.
- Before she got her first audition, she didn’t have much of an acting experience. She had worked in a few school plays with her roles never going beyond a few one-liners.
- Her work in the Freak helped her get an agent. However, she opted to keep her feet firmly on the ground and decided against dropping out of school.
- When she won a BAFTA TV Award in “Best Actress” category in 2015 for her work in Murdered by My Boyfriend, she became the first black actress to have won the prestigious award.
- While growing up, she aspired to become an air hostess as she believed that it was the most glamorous thing in the world. Plus, she had never been on an airplane.
- She has done activism work for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, which is a UK-based foundation that aims to help individuals suffering from cystic fibrosis.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Georgina Campbell / Instagram