|Giovanni Simeone Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 5, 1995|
Giovanni Simeone has been under the spotlight even before he made his debut for River Plate as the fact that he was the son of Diego Simeone brought a lot of attention. However, he didn’t allow public attention to distract him. But, he did prove to be a slow bloomer. After having made a handful of appearances for River Plate, he decided to join Banfield on a loan in 2015. It proved out to be his breakthrough as after two seasons at the Argentine club, he secured a move to Genoa. His debut season with Genoa was a success as he scored 12 goals in 35 matches. Then, he moved to Fiorentina and continued delivering great performances.
Giovanni Pablo Simeone Baldini
Gio, El Cholito
Giovanni Simeone polished his soccer skills at the youth academy of Argentine soccer giants, River Plate.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Diego Simeone (Professional Soccer Player)
- Mother – Carolina Baldini
- Siblings – Gianluca Simeone (Younger Brother), Giuliano Simeone (Younger Brother)
Giovanni Simeone is represented by Leo Rodriguez.
35, 24, 9, 29, 18 – Club Atlético River Plate
11 – Club Atlético Banfield
9 – Genoa AFC
9 – ACF Fiorentina
19 – Argentina National Team
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Giovanni Simeone has dated –
- Elisabetta Galimi (2017) – In February 2017, it was revealed that Giovanni was going out with actress and model, Elisabetta Galimi. They were reportedly pictured having a romantic dinner in Genoa. However, by the following month, it was revealed that they had separated. It was reported that their age difference, with Galimi being 31 years old and Gio being 21 years old, was one of the causes behind their separation.
- Giulia Coppini – As per his Instagram feed, Simeone is in a relationship with the Italian beauty, Giulia Coppini. They often flaunt their relationship and love on their respective social media accounts.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Argentine ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Defined and strong jawline
Giovanni Simeone has a personal endorsement deal with Nike. So, he is required to wear their footwear for his professional matches. He also uses his social media activity to promote Nike products.
He also has a sponsorship deal with Sobe Sport.
Best Known For
- Being the son of the former Argentine soccer player and manager, Diego Simeone
- His tremendous success with the Spanish club, Atlético Madrid
- His promising performances as the striker for the Italian clubs – Genoa and Fiorentina
First Soccer Match
In August 2013, he made his professional debut with River Plate in an away match against Gimnasia La Plata. The match ended in a 1-0 loss for his team.
In September 2016, Simeone made his first appearance for Genoa in an away match against Sassuolo. He came in as a substitute late in the 2nd half.
In August 2017, he made his professional debut for Fiorentina in an away match against Inter Milan. He was sent in late in the 2nd half of his side’s 3-0 loss.
In September 2018, Gio made his first international appearance in a friendly match against Guatemala. He managed to score in his debut match which ended in a 3-0 win.
- Defensive work off the ball
- Ability to create space
- Intelligent movement
- Lack of versatility
- Timing of runs
- Aerial duels
First TV Show
In August 2013, Giovanni Simeone made his first TV show appearance on the family reality show, Un sol para los chicos.
Giovanni Simeone Favorite Things
- Role Model – Cristiano Ronaldo
- Passions – Fishing, reading, meditating
- Music Genre – Zen, Jazz
- Band – Coldplay
Source – Calciomercato, Violanation.com
Giovanni Simeone Facts
- In 2008, he joined the youth setup of River Plate, where his father Diego Simeone was already working as the head coach of the senior team.
- In November 2011, he signed his first professional contract with River Plate. He was offered a 3-year deal by the Argentine club. He signed a contract extension with the club in August 2013 to extend his contract till 2016.
- In September 2013, he scored his first professional goal in his side’s 3-0 win over Tigre.
- Banfield decided to sign Simeone on a season-long loan deal from River Plate in 2015. He started with a bang by scoring on his debut and managed to score 7 goals in 18 appearances.
- After the success of his first season, he decided to play for Banfield for another season. He scored 5 goals in 16 matches in his 2nd season.
- River Plate decided to sell him to the Italian club, Genoa, in August 2016. It was revealed that Genoa had decided to pay River Plate €3 million for Simeone’s services.
- In September 2016, he scored his first professional goal for Genoa in his first league start for the club against Pescara.
- He made the entire soccer world sit up and take notice of his tremendous talent in November 2016 by scoring a stunning brace against league leaders Juventus.
- In the summer of 2017, it was reported that Atlético Madrid was considering signing Giovanni and unite him with his father, who had signed a contract extension with the club.
- However, he instead joined Fiorentina as they agreed on a contract deal with Genoa. The transfer fee wasn’t revealed.
- In April 2018, he scored his first Seria A hattrick in a match against Napoli. The match ended in a 3-0 win and was considered one of the key results that prevented Napoli from winning the league.
- In 2015, he helped Argentina under-20 team win the South American Youth Football Championship. He finished as the top scorer in the tournament.
- Follow Giovanni Simeone on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Pipicarp / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0