|Grace Byers Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 26, 1984|
Grace Byers is an American actress and writer who has been cast in several TV shows like Empire, The Gifted, and Tales. She has also worked in various theatre productions which include The Misanthrope, Rent, and Tartuffe. In 2018, she published a children’s book, I Am Enough, which became quite popular. Grace enjoys a huge social media fan base with more than 1.2 million followers on Instagram.
Grace Lillis Gealey
Butler, Pennsylvania, United States
Grace Byers graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Theater Arts from the University of South Florida, Tampa. Then, she went on to the University of California, Irvine to do her Master’s of Fine Arts in Acting.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Cheryl Anita McCoy
- Siblings – Faith (Sister)
- Others – Harry McCoy (Maternal Grandfather), Theoline Lillis (Maternal Grandmother)
Grace Byers is managed by –
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Principal Entertainment, Artist Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Grace Byers has dated –
- Trai Byers (2014-Present) – Grace started dating her Empire co-star Trai Byers in 2014. After dating for over a year, the duo got engaged in July 2015. Then, on April 14, 2016, they tied the knots on Grand Cayman Island.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White & Black)
She has European ancestry on her father’s side and is of Afro-Caymanian descent on her mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Grace Byers has either endorsed or promoted brands like CHI.
Best Known For
- Having been cast in a variety of TV shows like Empire (2015-2018) as Anika Calhoun, The Gifted (from 2018) Reeva Payge, and Tales (2019) as Edie
She made her first theatrical film appearance as Kate in the crime thriller movie, Bent, in 2018.
First TV Show
Grace Byers made her first TV show appearance as Anika Calhoun in an episode of the drama series, Empire, in 2015.
Grace Byers Favorite Things
- Cuisine – Caymanian
- Place To Eat – Miss Vivine’s Kitchen in East End
Source – Essence
Grace Byers Facts
- She was raised in the Cayman Islands by her deaf parents.
- As her parents were deaf, Grace knows sign language.
- She has also worked in a couple of productions like Venus Flytrap: A Femme Noir Mystery, The Misanthrope, Tartuffe, and Rent.
- She authored a children’s book, I Am Enough, which was published in 2018. It is based on her experiences as a child who was raised by deaf parents and was often bullied for the same. The book has received positive reviews from the readers.
- Follow Grace Byers on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Grace Byers / Instagram