Gwyneth Kate Paltrow
Los Angeles, California, USA
Gwyneth attended Crossroads School in Santa Monica, California. After that, she enrolled herself into Spence School, which is a private girls’ school in NYC. Paltrow, then, studied Anthropology at the University of California. But, it was for a short duration only because she was attracted to make her career in the field of acting and so she dropped out.
Actress, Author (Food Writer), Singer
She is signed to –
- United Talent Agency
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners
- Father – Bruce Paltrow (Film Producer/ Director)
- Mother – Blythe Danner (Actress)
- Siblings – Jake Paltrow (Younger Brother), Katherine Moennig (Half-Cousin), Gabrielle Giffords (Second Cousin) (Former US Congresswoman)
Rock, Pop/ Rock, Stage, and Screen
She has released her songs via Hollywood Records and independently. She has mostly performed covers of the existing songs.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Paltrow dated –
- Robert Sean Leonard (1991-1992) – Leonard, an American actor dated for quite some time from 1991 to 1992.
- Brad Pitt (1994-1997) – From December 1994, Pitt and Paltrow dated. They met on the set of 1995 movie, Seven. The duo dated till mid-1997 (around June 1997). They also got engaged during this period on December 20, 1996. But, the engagement broke off after 6 months as Gwyneth was not ready for marriage.
- Viggo Mortensen (1997) – Paltrow was RUMORed to have hooked up with Danish-American actor Viggo Mortensen after they worked together on A Perfect Murder.
- Ben Affleck (1997-2000) – Ben Affleck, American actor dated Paltrow from November 1997 to October 2000. During these years, the relationship sometimes broke up too. So, it was On again, OFF again kind of relationship. They had an on-screen appearance in the movie Bounce, released in 2000.
- James Purefoy (2002) – Rumor
- Bryan Adams (2002) – Rumor
- Felipe de Borbón (2002) – Rumor
- Luke Wilson (2002) – She met Luke on the set of 2001 movie The Royal Tenenbaums and started dating him in 2002. But, this relationship also saw an end in the same year.
- Chris Martin (2002-2014) – In October 2002, she met with English singer Chris Martin, a member of British rock group Coldplay during his concert. They married on December 5, 2003, during a ceremony in a hotel in Southern California. Now, the couple has 2 children – daughter Apple Blythe Alison Martin (b. 2004) and son Moses Bruce Anthony Martin (b. 2006). Paltrow announced on March 25, 2014, that she and Chris have separated now.
- Daniel Henney (2006) – While Gwyneth was still married to Chris, she was RUMORed to have had an affair with actor Daniel Henney. They met while doing endorsement work for Bean Pole International.
- Brad Falchuk (2014-Present) – After splitting from Chris Martin, Gwyneth started dating film director, Brad Falchuk in 2014. In April 2015, she made her relationship with Brad public during a birthday party. Later, on January 8, 2018, they revealed about their engagement. In July 2018, the couple got married in a small and private ceremony.
Race / Ethnicity
- Deep husky voice
- Often plays British characters.
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
11 (US) or 41.5 (EU)
Coach (She is the face of this American brand), Estée Lauder’s Pleasures perfume (2005)
Best Known For
Playing different roles in movies like Sliding Doors (1998), Shakespeare in Love (1998), Iron Man series (2008-), The Avengers (2012). In 2011, she also won an Emmy Award for “Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series” for playing the role as Holly Holliday on the TV show Glee in the episode titled “The Substitute”.
She has not released any album. But, has contributed in singing various songs such as “Cruisin” (with Huey Lewis) in 2000, “Bette Davis Eyes” in 2000, “Country Strong” in 2010, “Me and Tennessee” (with Tim McGraw) in 2011. Paltrow has also appeared in the music video for this song.
She also did some singles with the cast of TV series “Glee” in 2010 and 2011.
There are numerous album appearances like “Waiting on June” (with Holly Williams) in 2013, “This Woman’s Work” in 2011, etc.
1991 film Shout for her role as Rebecaa. The film starred John Travolta. For this movie, he was also nominated for Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor.
First TV Show
She debuted on television with the mini TV series Thomas Jefferson. For this, she gave her voice to the character, Jefferson’s granddaughter. It was all done in 1997.
She likes to keep her fitness routine simple. Paltrow does a lot of cardio to keep her slim. On an average, 60 minutes daily for four days a week is sufficient. She believes in lifting weights, which are not more than 3 lbs as weight training is for body toning. She doesn’t want to look muscular like bodybuilders. She avoids processed foods. Catch her full workout schedule and diet plan.
“Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick.”
“The simpler things are, the happier they are.”
Gwyneth Paltrow Facts
- Her father is Jewish while her mother is Christian.
- She was raised with both the cultures.
- Paltrow was born in LA but raised in Santa Monica, USA.
- She can speak Spanish.
- She has explained the reason for the unusual name of her daughter “Apple” on Oprah’s show. She said that Apple sounded sweet and clean to her. So, she kept this name.
- She is the owner at Goop.com, a lifestyle company.
- Paltrow suffered from postpartum depression after giving birth to her son, Moses in 2006.
- With Mario Batali, she has co-authored a book “Spain…A Culinary Road Trip” in 2008. Other books from Paltrow include “My Father’s Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family and Togetherness” released in 2011, “Notes From the Kitchen Table” in 2011, “It’s All Good: Delicious Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great” released in 2013. She has mainly written cookbooks.
- Gwyneth is the artist ambassador for Save the Children. She is connected with “Robin Hood Foundation” (works on the motive to remove poverty) as well.
- She used to smoke 1 cigarette weekly. By 2018, she had changed her habit.
- She is friends with Madonna, Winona Ryder, Cameron Diaz, and Helena Christensen.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.