|Han Hyun-min Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 19, 2001|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Han Hyun-min is a South Korean model who is best known for being the first-ever Black Korean ramp mode. With time, he has amassed more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Han Hyun-min (In Korean 한현민)
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
He completed his high school at the age of 17 in Seoul.
- Mother – Han Hye-jin
- Siblings – He has 4 younger siblings.
As a model, he is represented by SF Entertainment X SF Models.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black & Asian)
He has Nigerian ancestry on his father’s side and Korean ancestry on his mother’s side.
He also prefers to bleach his hair.
- His standing afro hairstyle
- Tall physique
- Bulbous nose
Through his social media, he has either endorsed or promoted various brands including Tommy Hilfiger.
Han Hyun-min Favorite Things
- Subject In School – Physical Education
- Singer – Beenzino
- Pokemon – Squirtle
- Song – Boogie On & On (2012) by Beenzino
Source – YouTube
Han Hyun-min Facts
- Han’s mother, Hye-jin is a member of the Han family of Chungju.
- Hyun-min was the only sibling until the age of 9. He and his youngest brother share the same date of birth.
- His parents met one another in the neighborhood of Itaewon.
- Growing up, he faced a lot of racial abuse.
- He was brought up in the rich side of South Korea in Itaewon alongside his 4 younger siblings.
- Hyun-min was spotted via his Instagram pictures when he was 15 years old by a modeling agency. Upon meeting the agency at a coffee shop, they signed him on the spot.
- He is the first Black-Korean model to ever walk the ramp in South Korea. As of 2017, he was one of Seoul’s top models.
- During an interview with MBCentertainment in December 2017, he stated that he did not know how to speak in English. However, his siblings do speak in English.
- His acting career includes appearances in various shows such as Tale of Fairy (2018) and Hip Hop King – Nassna Street (2019).
- He started hosting the JTBC’s Cool Kids in 2018 alongside well-known comedians Yoo Jae-suk, Kim Shin-young, singer Seulgi, footballer Ahn Jung-hwan, and rapper Haon. Later, in 2019, he started co-hosting Mnet’s music program M Countdown with singer and songwriter Lee Dae-hwi.
- He learned to stride on the ramp via videos that he would watch on YouTube.
- Hyun-min prefers dogs over cats, chocolates over candies, and coffee over tea.
- His childhood dream was to become a baseball player.
- He has been featured on Forbes’s “30 Under 30 – Asia – The Arts 2019” list. Also, he was said to be one of the most sought to models in the country.
- During an episode on Radio Star (2017), he stated that a lot of people believed that his mother was European-Korean. However, she is 100% Korean.
- In order for Hyun-min and his father to converse, his mother Hye-jin has to act as a translator between the two.
- He is closest to his mother and often talks about her in shows and interviews.
Featured Image By Han Hyun-min / Instagram