Hanaa Ben Abdesslem
New York, United States
She went to a college in Nabeul, Tunisia to study engineering. But, she dropped her studies in between to focus fully wholeheartedly on fashion career.
Fashion / Runway model
Apart from mom and dad in the family, she has an older brother Walid, who had studied drama and acting.
Hanaa Ben Abdesslem is signed to these modeling agencies –
- Next Model Management – Paris
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
- IMG Models – New York
- Modelwerk – Hamburg
- ICE Model Management – Cape Town
- PH Model Management – Prague
- Boss Models – Cape Town
- Mega Model Agency – Hamburg
- Traffic Models – Barcelona / Madrid
5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
There is no information about her boyfriend or significant other.
Race / Ethnicity
- Boy-cut hair
- Mixed looks
33-24-35 in or 84-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
7 (US) or 37 (EU) or 4.5 (UK)
Hanaa has participated in advertorial campaigns for Giambattista Valli for Macy’s, Lancôme and many others.
Best Known For
Her campaigns with Lancome, Alexandre Vauthier, and her different Vogue covers.
First Fashion Show
Hanaa debuted with Ready to Wear – Autumn / Winter 2010 fashion show where she walked the ramp for Vivienne Westwood Gold Label.
Hanaa has not appeared in any of the films.
When she is in Tunisia, she works out with a personal trainer. Her exercise session is of one hour duration for 5 times in a week.
But on foreign location, she works out on her own. Hanna is a morning person and prefers to do her exercises in the morning. But, sometimes gets to do her exercises in the evening due to her busy schedule.
Her exercises include cardio, kickboxing and Pilates.
Hanaa Ben Abdesslem Favorite Things
- Style Icon – Azzedine Alaia, Riccardo Tisci
- Summer Beauty Products – La Roseraie des Delices cosmetics by Lancôme
- Place – Tunisia
Source – Harper’s Bazaar
Hanaa Ben Abdesslem Facts
- Hanaa was born into a conservative family.
- She was chosen as the spokesperson for NGO Esmaani in July 2011. This non-profit organization does economic help and psychological support for hospitals in the deprived areas.
- She is the first ever Muslim face of Lancome.
- She does not drink, smoke or take drugs.
- Hanaa likes to cook traditional Tunisian dishes, drawing, art, and reading novels.
- She first signed with IMG Models in 2010.
- Hanaa signed contract with Lancome in 2012.
- She had always wanted to be a model. At 5, she would tip-toe in her house, pretending she is doing catwalk in a fashion show. Her mom was the first to identify that she would become a model one day.
- She wants to learn water ski.
- Her fashion career started when she participated in Lebanese television show “Mission Fashion,” which is same as “Project Runway” in US. She finished second in the show and got her break in the Middle East Modeling industry.
- She wants to create awareness among the Arab people that modeling is a respectable career choice.
- She admires most the Tunisian shoe designer Azzedine Alaïa.
- Youcef Nabi (Then President of Lancôme International) got reminded of Isabella Rossellini (Italian actress and model who served as a Lancome model for huge 14 years), when he saw Hanaa.
- She worries about the future, the most and wants to change this habit.
- Hanaa describes her personal style as a mix of minimalist and rock chic.
- She would love to trade her closet with Charlize Theron.
- Visit her official website @ hanaab.com.
- Connect with Hanaa on Facebook.