Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland
In 2009, Hozier graduated from St. Gerard’s School in Bray. Subsequently, he enrolled himself at Trinity College, Dublin to earn a degree in music. But, he left the college midway in the first year to record demos for Universal Music.
Singer, songwriter, musician
- Father – Has a huge knowledge of music
- Mother – Raine Hozier-Byrne
- Siblings – Jon-Hozier Byrne (Older Brother)
His career is managed by –
- Kirk Sommer / Russell Warby – William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment for USA
- John Foley – MCD Productions for Ireland
- Emma Banks – Creative Artists Agency (CAA) for rest of the world
To get Hozier’s contact details, please visit his official website.
Indie rock, soul, blues
Island (UK), Columbia Records (US), Rubyworks
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
86 kg or 190 pounds
He definitely had a girlfriend in the past. His dating history is not known.
Race / Ethnicity
His chest, waist and biceps measurements are not known.
His shoe size is not known.
He has not endorsed any of the brands.
He is not an atheist, but at the same time, Hozier does not have faith in any religion.
Best Known For
His single “Take Me to Church” released in 2013, which went viral on YouTube. On October 25, 2013, the single reached #1 in Irish iTunes singles chart.
Hozier released his first studio album Hozier on September 19, 2014 via Rubyworks, and Island Records. The standard edition of the album contained 13 singles including “Take Me to Church,” hence giving it a total length of nearly 54 minutes.
He has not appeared in any of the films.
First TV Show
He is naturally thin and has his body in good shape. His workout routine and diet plan is not known.
Hozier Favorite Things
- Songs – Got My Mojo Working (By Muddy Waters), That’s a Pretty Good Love (By Big Maybelle), Thickfreakness (By The Black Keys), Meet Me in the City (By Junior Kimbrough), Caught a Long Wind (By Feist), That’s Where It’s At (By Sam Cooke), Who Do You Love (By Bo Diddley), Hoist That Rag (By Tom Waits)
Source – NPR
- From 2008 to 2012, he served as a member of Irish choral group Anúna.
- Hozier had also performed at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2014 and at Saturday Night Live.
- His dad was blues musician around Dublin. So, he was definitely raised in blues music as a child. He used to listen to John Lee Hooker and Muddy Waters, while growing up. Hence, his songs includes a lot of Americana and blues music.
- Hozier’s mom did all the artwork for his first album entitled “Hozier.”
- His song “Take Me to Church” was inspired from break-up between him and his ex-girlfriend, and his love for Nina Simone.
- When aged 15, Hozier performed in his first band. He was a singer of an 8 piece blues band.
- He takes his time to write songs. “Take Me to Church” took him over a year to write.
- Like most other people, he had to overcome his stage fright.
- On October 8, 2014, Hozier posted his cell phone number on Twitter (+1-646-812-3313) to celebrate the success of his debut album with his fans, who actually got to talk to him via this number. The idea came to him as he was about to change his phone number. So, he decided to share the number before it gets closed. The phone was an old flip phone, which got freezed after receiving tons of text messages. He couldn’t even read them all.
- According to Hozier, the best singers are females.
- While growing up, Hozier was really a big fan of Nina Simone.
- Visit his official website @ hozier.com.
- Connect with Hozier via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.