|Indra Nooyi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 28, 1955|
|Spouse||Raj K. Nooyi|
Indra Nooyi is a successful Indian-American businesswoman who serves as the Board Member for Amazon. She is best recognized as the former CEO of one of the world’s largest food and beverages company, PepsiCo Ltd. During her time with PepsiCo, she achieved many new heights including the purchase of Tropicana orange-juice brand for $3.3 billion in 1998, and the Quaker Oats for $14 billion in 2000. An alumna of Yale School of Management, Indra Nooyi, is consistently ranked among the world’s 100 most powerful women. She also became the first independent female director to join ICC Board in 2018.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
Indra Nooyi studied in the Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School in Theagaraya Nagar, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. In 1974, she earned her bachelor’s degrees in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from Madras Christian College of the University of Madras.
Later, she received her Post Graduate Programme Diploma from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta in 1976. After that, she joined Yale School of Management in New Haven, Connecticut and obtained her master’s degree in Public and Private Management, graduating in 1980.
Board Member of Amazon
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Shantha Krishnamurthy
- Siblings – Chandrika Tandon (Older Sister) (Businesswoman, Musician), Narayan Krishnamurthy (Brother)
- Other – Ranjan Tandon (Brother-In-Law), Lita Tandon (Niece)
Indra Nooyi self manages her own affairs.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Indra Nooyi has dated –
- Raj K. Nooyi – Indra has been married to Raj K. Nooyi, president at AmSoft Systems, since 1981. They are blessed with two daughters named Tara Nooyi and Preetha Nooyi.
Race / Ethnicity
- Pointed chin
- Mole on her right cheek
- Signature short hairstyle
Best Known For
Her role as the CEO of PepsiCo and reshaping the brand identity and assets with her impressive deal-making abilities. She was responsible for putting together the $3.3 billion-dollar-deal for the purchase of the Tropicana orange-juice brand in 1998 and was a part of the team that acquired Quaker Oats for $14 billion in 2000.
First TV Show
In 2011, she made her first TV show appearance on the talk show Fareed Zakaria GPS.
Indra Nooyi Facts
- As a child, growing up in India, Indra and her sister had to pretend to be some world leader or president and give a speech every day after dinner for their mother, who in return would vote for the one that presented the best speech.
- Her first job was with Tootal, a British textile company.
- Following her footsteps, one of her daughters also attended the School of Management at Yale.
- Forbes has ranked her at the #3 spot on its ‘World’s Powerful Moms’ list.
- Her older sister Chandrika Tandon is a Grammy-nominated artist.
- While in college in India, she was a part of the women’s cricket team and played guitar in an all-girl rock band.
- She shares her birth date with leaders like Digby Jones, Bill Gates, and Gary Lavergne.
- In 2015, she was inducted into the Connecticut Women’s Hall of Fame.
- She makes 50 to 60 to-do list every day and ticks off every task that is done, even the tiny things, as she carries over just 2 to 3 items to the next day.
- In 2014, Forbes ranked her #13 on their list of “The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women”.
- In 2015, she was ranked as the 2nd most powerful woman by Fortune.
- She is an early riser and starts her day at 4 in the morning.
- In June 2018, she joined the ICC Board as its first independent female director.
- Follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
Featured Image by World Economic Forum / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0