|J. T. Barrett Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 23, 1995|
J. T. Barrett is an American professional football player known for being the most decorated quarterbacks in the history of Ohio State. He is a 3-time captain in the history of the school. He has set the record with 38 victories and just 6 losses. In 2014, he was one of the favorites to win the Heisman Trophy but after his season was cut short by ACL injury, he fell behind and finished in the 5th place. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Joe Thomas Barrett IV
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
J. T. Barrett went to S. H. Rider High School in his hometown of Wichita Falls. After graduating from high school in 2012, he got enrolled at the Ohio State University.
Professional Football Player
- Father – Joe Barrett (Served with the US Army)
- Mother – Stacy Barrett (Hospice Nurse)
- Siblings – Stephen Barrett (Younger Brother), Xavier Barrett (Older Brother)
16 – New Orleans Saints
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
100 kg or 220.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
J. T. Barrett has dated –
- Alexandria Barrett-Clark – Joe’s relationship with his former girlfriend Alexandria Barrett-Clark came out into the public domain in December 2014 after it was revealed that she had reported the case of domestic violence to the police. She reported that he had choked her and threw her across the room after she refused to leave his apartment. She was pregnant at that time and because of this, he received a lot of bad press. It was later revealed that he himself had made a 911 call before her to reveal that she was refusing to leave his place. However, she refused to press charges and he escaped without any significant suspension.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African American ancestry.
- Imposing body
Joe Thomas Barett hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
He is a devout Christian.
Best Known For
- His exceptional statistics and record in the college football. He has given stunning performances for Ohio State Buckeyes.
- Being contracted with the NFL side, New Orleans Saints
First Football Match
J. T. Barrett made his professional football debut in 2018 with New Orleans Saints.
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of his football matches, he has not been seen on any of the TV shows.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
J. T. Barrett Favorite Things
- Childhood Video Game – NCAA and Mario Kart
- Pregame Meals – Frosted Flakes (home game) and Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal (away game)
Source – NCAA
J. T. Barrett Facts
- While studying in high school, he excelled in 3 sports – basketball, football, and track.
- In the high school team, he played as a dual-threat quarterback. In his sophomore year, he was made the captain of the team.
- His high school football career was cut short in October 2010 after he suffered an ACL tear. However, after recovering from injury, he was able to join track & field team in the spring and managed to win the 100-meter dash at the Iowa Park Relays, recording his personal best time of 12.10 seconds in the event.
- After joining the Ohio State in 2012, he decided to redshirt as a freshman in 2013, which helped him extend his college football career for another year.
- In 2014, he was expected to serve as a backup for senior quarterback Braxton Miller. However, he got his opportunity to play as a starter throughout the season as Miller was ruled out because of an injury.
- In November 2014, he broke his ankle in his side’s match against Michigan Wolverines. Because of the injury, he couldn’t return to the field for the remaining matches of 2014 season. He had to undergo surgery to take care of his broken ankle. The doctors had to place a plate on his ankle during the surgery.
- While playing for Ohio State Buckeyes, he was selected “Conference Freshman of the Week” on 7 occasions. He was also declared “Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week” on 9 occasions.
- He holds the distinction of being the only player in the history of Ohio State to serve as a captain of the football team for 3 years.
- At the Ohio State, he won “Big Ten’s Thompson–Randle El Freshman of the Year” award. He was also given “Big Ten’s Griese–Brees Quarterback of the Year” award in 2014, 2016, and 2017.
- J. T. Barrett holds the record for most total yards in a season (3,851) and most touchdowns in a season (47) at the Ohio State. He also holds the distinction for most career passing yards (9,434) for the esteemed college football team.
- At the 2018 NFL Draft, he wasn’t picked by any team. He was instead offered an opportunity to participate in the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints rookie minicamps.
- He had initially planned to join Colts’ camp but later decided to go for Saints’ camp, which led to him signing a 3 year deal with the Saints.
- In October 2015, he was arrested for avoiding a DUI checkpoint and driving a vehicle under the influence. His driving license was suspended and he was handed $400 fine. Ohio State also suspended him for a game.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by J. T. Barrett / Instagram