|JayR Tinaco Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 4, 1991|
JayR Tinaco is an Australian actor, best known as one of the most notable non-binary actors in the industry. They gained prominence with the lead role of Zayn Petrossian in the TV series Another Life, starting in 2019. They started their TV career with the role of a trapped student in 2 episodes of Home and Way (2009), and Qi in 2 episodes of Rake (2016). JayR also had 2 prominent movie roles in Drown (2015) as Dan and Always Be My Maybe (2019) as Saintly Fare Host.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
JayR Tinaco is represented by –
- Play Management (Manager) in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Jackoway Austen Tyerman Wertheimer Mandelbaum Morris Bernstein Trattner & Klein (Legal Representative) in Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
JayR is of Filipinx descent.
- Perky nose
- Fuller lips
- Androgynous appearance
Tinaco has endorsed brands such as Reel Strength Studio & Productions and Booster Pack Arts.
JayR Tinaco Facts
- They grew up in Queensland, Australia.
- Before JayR became an actor, they worked as a bartender, among other jobs in the hospitality industry. Their hometown was Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- JayR identifies as gender non-conforming or non-binary and uses pronouns “he/him/his” in their personal life. Some of their friends use “they/them,” or even “she/her” which they aren’t opposed to.
- They wore makeup in high school. JayR’s mom never told them that they were different from others and they felt free to experiment.
- JayR used to watch Queers as Folk (2000-2005) on SBS every night and related to the characters for the 1st time in their life.
- JayR was bullied in school every day, either called names, pushed, threatened, and shoved.
- They dressed up as Prince for the 80s-themed party in 2012.
- In 2017, they moved to Canada to pursue acting.
- They got the callback for the role of Zayn in Another Life after a week. JayR was sure it was due to the connection they felt for the character. They even directly disagreed with the director about some actions the character was supposed to do before they even bagged the role.
- JayR said that the role of a non-binary psychologist and medic Zayn Petrossian was important for them because it wasn’t about “coming out or sex,” which were typical themes.
- JayR was never passionate about science fiction before Another Life and preferred CW-created shows that dealt with vampires, witches, and supernatural beings.
- They assisted the character development of Zayn by visiting the wardrobe and costumes department to give their opinion.
- People often mistake JayR for a transgender female.
- JayR was praised for their skills in applying makeup. Their fanbase jokingly assured them that JayR could “always be a makeup artist if acting falls through”.
Featured Image by JayR Tinaco / Instagram