|Jayshree T. Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||1953|
Jayshree T. is an Indian actress and dancer who is mostly known for her eye candy appearance and work in the Hindi and Marathi film industry. She is also distinguished for her role in several films such as Sawan Bhadon (1970), Faraar (1975), Farishta Ya Qatil (1977), Morchha (1980), Ghar Dwaar (1985), Mohre (1988), Ye Raaste Hai Pyar Ke (2001), and Meri Biwi Ka Jawab Nahin (2004). Jayshree is also noted for her appearance on television in hit shows such as Dil Se Diya Vachan (2010-2011), Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? (2011-2012), Sasural Simar Ka (2015), and Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai. She also stormed her ways into the hearts of many fans with her sensational item dances in many films like Abhilasha (1968), Bhagwan Samaye Sansar Mein (1976), Sharmeelee (1971), Teen Ekkey (1980), and Aakhri Badla (1989).
Jayshree was born in 1953.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
The details of Jayshree’s educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Meena T. (Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Shreyas Talpade (Nephew) (Actor), Nanda (Sister-In-Law) (Actress)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jayshree has dated –
- Sanjeev Kumar – Jayshree and legendary actor Sanjeev Kumar had quite the close relationship with one another in the past. She considered it to be her puppy love that she had for him apart from looking up to him as friend, philosopher, and guide. With all the speculations being made about the two dating, she was once asked by a journalist ‘if she would marry Sanjeev if he proposed to her, and she replied with hearty Yes’. Unaware of the extent of her answer, she woke up the next morning, only find the banners headlined with the words “Jayshree T wants to marry Sanjeev!”.
- Jayprakash Karnataki (1989-Present) – Film director Jayprakash Karnataki and Jayshree got married to one another in 1989. The couple’s wedding was arranged by a common guru of theirs. The couple got engaged to each other the same evening Jayprakash spoke to his family. She later gave birth to a boy who they named Swastik J. Karnataki.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt & Pepper
- Long eyebrows
- Wears a nose ring
- Slightly parts the front of her hair in the middle
Jayshree has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Being cast in several films such as Sawan Bhadon (1970), Faraar (1975), Farishta Ya Qatil (1977), Morchha (1980), Ghar Dwaar (1985), Mohre (1988), Ye Raaste Hai Pyar Ke (2001), and Meri Biwi Ka Jawab Nahin (2004)
- Starring in many shows like Dil Se Diya Vachan (2010-2011), Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? (2011-2012), Sasural Simar Ka (2015), and Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai
- Her dance performances in several films such as Abhilasha (1968), Bhagwan Samaye Sansar Mein (1976), Sharmeelee (1971), Teen Ekkey (1980), and Aakhri Badla (1989)
Jayshree made her debut theatrical film appearance in Goonj Uthi Shehnai in 1958. However, she was uncredited for her role.
She made her credited theatrical film debut in Dharma Kanya in 1968.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance in Aahuti in 1992.
Though nothing is known about Jayshree’s workout routine that she would follow during her younger days, it can be surely said that as she was a mainstream film dancer, she managed to keep herself fit and healthy as dance is one of the best forms of cardio and is a great way to burn fat and condition every muscle in the body.
Jayshree T. Facts
- She started off her career in Hindi films before branching off to starring in Malayalam films.
- Jayshree inherited her incredible acting skills from her parents who were both Marathi theatre performers.
- She was 5 years old when she made her first film appearance in Goonj Uthi Shehnai in 1958. She also has several other films credited to her resume as a child artiste such as Zameen Ke Taare (1960), Pyar Ki Pyaas (1961), and Sangeet Samrat Tansen (1962).
- During her younger days, Jayshree aspired to be a doctor, even though she had successfully established herself in the entertainment industry at the time.
- She and her sister Meena are both trained dancers who have excelled in the dance style of Kathak. She earned her recognition as a dancer after Gopi Kishenji who she considered to be her guru, had discovered her immense talent in one of her films.
- Jayshree made her first appearance as a cabaret dancer in Abhilasha in 1968. She was recommended to director Amit Bose by choreographer Harmendar who was a friend of Jayshree’s father.
- Jayshree had performed as a dancer in more than 500 films between the ’70s and ’80s.
- She has worked with many legendary celebrities like Mohammad Rafi, Manna Dey, Mukesh, and Asha Bhosle.
- Jayshree had acted in films of almost every language be it, Bhojpuri, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Marwadi, Rajasthani, English, Punjabi, Marathi, and Gujarati.
- Apart from winning several State Government Awards, Jayshree also received a ‘Life Time Achievement Award for Bhojpuri films and Gujarati films’.
- The reason why she kept her screen name as Jayshree T. was because there were several other actors with the first name Jayshree and her surname Talpade was difficult to pronounce in the right manner. Given the circumstances, she went with just ‘T’. To her surprise, she gained quite a lot of popularity as people were eager to know what the ‘T’ in her name stood for at that time.
- Jayshree was once asked to quit a film, as the actor who played the role of a villain wanted someone else to star alongside him.
- In the film, Sawan Bhadon (1970), she and veteran actress Rekha were both taken on as part of the cast. Jayshree was given the lead female role whereas Rekha was cast as a village girl named Chanda.
- Jayshree has starred in a numerous number of film genres like comedy, vamp, modern, rural, Western dances, Indian folk, etc.
- In an interview with Cineplot, she mentioned that while doing a shot for the film Kasam Bhavani Ki in 1981, a horde of police officers stormed the set in Gwalior and asked her to return to Bombay at once. She asked for them ‘why?’ and in turn, was told that they had reason to believe that dacoits from the area were planning to kidnap her as apparently, they were obsessed with her.
- Connect with Jayshree T. on Instagram.
Featured Image By Jayshree T. / Instagram