|Jayson Tatum Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 3, 1998|
Jayson Tatum is an American professional basketball player who is well known for playing for the Boston Celtics of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Jayson was born and raised in Missouri, the United States and attended a college preparatory school where he was recruited and rated by the recruiting services as one of the best in the Class of 2016. When he started attending college, he kept playing in the basketball team and made a name for himself. He had an amazing freshman year in his basketball career at college, ranking 4th in made free throws and 5th in rebounds. After completing his freshman year, Jayson decided to go into the 2017 NBA Draft as a one-and-done. He was selected by the Boston Celtics as the 3rd overall pick on June 22, 2017. He showcased his abilities in the team and was allowed to keep playing.
Jayson Tatum’s NBA debut got him the Eastern Conference’s “Rookie of The Month” title for December 2017. He recorded a season-high 24 points in his game against the New York Knicks on October 24, 2017, which they won. Jayson Tatum has played in a team along with Bryn Forbes, Cheick Diallo, Wayne Selden Jr., and Kyle Kuzma. Jayson Tatum has played for the United States in the 2014 FIBA Under-17 World Championship and 2015 FIBA Under-19 World Championship, making the Eurobasket All-World Championship U19 Second Team. He also played for the United States at the 2016 Nike Hoop Summit. He has won several awards and titles including the Gatorade National “Player of the Year” in 2016.
Jayson Christopher Tatum
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Jayson Tatum attended Chaminade College Preparatory School in Creve Coeur, Missouri. He then enrolled in Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, United States.
- Father – Justin Tatum (Basketball coach and gym teacher)
- Mother – Brandy Cole (Attorney)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Tyronn Lue (Cousin) (Former NBA Player)
Jayson Tatum is represented by –
- Jeff Wechsler (Agent)
- 24/7 Sports Management (Sports Management Company), Coral Gables, Florida, United States
6 ft 8 in or 203 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jayson Tatum has dated –
- Toriah Lachell (2014-2017) – Jayson Tatum was in a relationship with Toriah for almost 3 years from 2014 to 2017. They broke up in 2017. In December 2017, after their relationship had ended, they had a son named Jayson Christopher.
- Samantha Amos (2017-2018) – Jayson Tatum was in an open relationship with Samantha Amos, a volleyball player. When their relationship ended, Samantha went on to shred him on social media, claiming he has a lot of flaws and was easily replaceable.
- Ella Mai (2019-Present) – Jayson Tatum has been in a relationship with Ella Mai since January 2019. Ella Mai is an English singer and songwriter.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Very tall
- Short hair
- Athletic figure
- Tattoos on his body
Jayson Tatum has done endorsement work for brands such as –
- Imo’s Pizza
- Beats by Dre
Best Known For
- Being selected as the 3rd overall pick by the Boston Celtics in the 2017 NBA Draft
- Winning the 2019 Skills Challenge during NBA All-Star Weekend
- Playing in the 2014 FIBA Under-17 World Championship and 2015 FIBA Under-19 World Championship
First TV Show
Jayson Tatum made his first TV show appearance as Himself on Get Up! in 2018.
Jayson Tatum Facts
- He had his first child, Jayson Christopher in December 2017 when he was 19 years old, just like his parents Justin Tatum and Brandy Cole, had him when they were both 19-year-old undergraduates in college.
- Jayson Tatum suffered a foot injury before the start of his college basketball career in the 2016-2017 season which made him miss 8 games.
- Jayson’s father, Justin Tatum was previously the coach and athletics director at Soldan International Studies High School for 6 years while his mother, Brandy Cole graduated from Saint Louis University School of Law and is a practicing attorney in the St. Louis area.
- In high school, Jayson Tatum and the NHL forward Matthew Tkachuk of the Calgary Flames were very good friends, as the two were placed in the same gym class.
- Jayson Tatum represented the United States at the 2016 Nike Hoop Summit where he scored 14 points.
- He was rated a 5-star recruit and was known as one of the best players by the recruiting services after watching him play while he was still in college preparatory school.
- Jayson Tatum was selected to participate in the 2016 McDonald’s All-American Game in January 2016. He won the Skills competition.
- Tatum is good friends with his former Duke teammate and current NBA player Harry Giles.
- Jayson was named to the NBA All-Rookie First Team in May 2018.
- Jayson Tatum was selected with the 3rd overall pick by Boston Celtics and he began to play on their team, beginning his professional career in 2017.
- He joined the St. Louis Eagles Amateur Athletic Union team on the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League Circuit in the summer of 2015.
- Jayson was rumored to be dating two ladies, Toriah Lachell and Samantha Amos at a time while he was about to have a child with one of them.
- Harry Giles and Josh Jackson were the 1st and 2nd recruits in his 2016 high school class, while Jayson was the 3rd.
- Jayson Tatum played in the Jordan Brand Classic and Nike Hoop Summit all-star games and was named the 2016 Gatorade “National Player of the Year” amongst other titles that he had acquired.
- Jayson Tatum was the first Celtics rookie to score 25 or more points in a playoff game since the 1980s when Larry Bird scored during the NBA Playoffs.
- In the 2017 NBA Draft, Jayson Tatum was named to the All-Summer League Second Team which also had Bryn Forbes, Wayne Selden Jr., Cheick Diallo, and Kyle Kuzma as members.
- Jayson Tatum and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar are known as the only rookies in playoff history to record 10 games of 20 or more points scored during their first playoff runs.
- He has been praised by Lebron James.
- Follow Jayson Tatum on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Keith Allison / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0