Jennie Snyder Urman
Rye, New York, United States
Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California
She studied for a Bachelor’s degree in English Literature at Princeton University and graduated in 1999.
Jennie additionally acquired a certificate in the theatre program while studying at Princeton.
Executive Producer, Screenwriter / Editor
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
United Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California
5 ft 5.5 in or 166 cm
66 kg or 145.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennie Snyder has dated –
- Jamie Urman – Jennie is married to the cinematographer, Jamie Urman. Together, the couple has two kids – an older son named Theo and a daughter named Poppy. They have an intimate and loving family life despite hectic work schedules. Whenever Jennie has to work for 15–17 hour during the days, her husband takes time off from work to look after their kids. Jamie remarked on Twitter that Jennie thinks that his physical appearance is somewhere between the characters of Sam and Hodor in Game of Thrones.
Race / Ethnicity
- Deep laugh lines around the eyes
- Long, sharp nose and sharp chin
- Signature big, wide smile
No record of any endorsements.
Her religious beliefs are not confirmed.
Best Known For
Being the showrunner of the drama comedy, Jane the Virgin aired on The CW network.
Her first ever work in a theatrical film was as a writer when she wrote the screenplay for Something Borrowed (2011).
First TV Show
Her first ever work for a TV show was as a staff writer on Hope & Faith from 2003 to 2005.
Her exercise and dietary habits are not known.
Jennie Snyder Urman Favorite Things
- Place in LA – Her bed
- About Her Show – Her cast & crew
- Romance Novel – Gone with the Wind
Source – Zocalo Public Square, DailyCal.org
Jennie Snyder Urman Facts
- She is a self-proclaimed workaholic.
- Her Twitter bio says that she hates cheese even if it’s on a pizza.
- Right after college, Jennie worked as a waitress in New York and thoroughly enjoyed it until the novelty of her newfound independence wore off.
- She relocated to Los Angeles, California a day before the 9/11 tragedy.
- Jennie admires strong women and their thoughts and companionship. Consequently, she hires a lot of female writers and directors for her show.
- Additionally, she also enjoys exploring and writing about the mother-daughter relationship which is reflected the most in her role as a co-producer for Gilmore Girls (2006–2007).
- Procrastinating during the editing process of Jane the Virgin, got Jennie hooked to the wasteful habit of online shopping. She eventually replaced it with coloring books that also helps her to re-align mentally before going back to editing.
- Her biggest extravagance to spoil herself is to travel by business class much to the disapproval of her husband.
- Jennie is self-made in the television industry. She started her way at the bottom as a staff writer and went through 8 promotions to lead a TV show.
- Her initial career goal was to become an actress. She claimed that she was neither determined nor thick-skinned enough to handle the criticism and the rejection of the industry to make it.
- Being a private person, Jennie is not social media savvy at all. The network made it a mandatory requirement for her to create a Twitter.
- To find out more about the showrunner of Jane the Virgin, follow her on Twitter.