|Jessica Lucas Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 24, 1985|
Jessica Lucas is a Canadian actress and singer, best known for her roles of Tabitha Galavan in Gotham (2015-2019), Riley Richmond in Melrose Place (2009-2010), Sue Miller in Life as We Know It (2004-2005), and Bekka Lawrence in Edgemont (2001-2005). She also starred in TV series Friends with Benefits (2011), Cult (2013), and The Murders, starting in 2019. Jessica is a notable film actress, having appeared in She’s the Man (2006), The Covenant (2006), Cloverfield (2008) Amusement (2008), and Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son (2011). She also appeared in Evil Dead in 2013, That Awkward Moment in 2014 alongside Zac Efron, Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordan, Imogen Poots, and Mackenzie Davis, as well as Pompeii in 2014, with Emily Browning, Kiefer Sutherland, and Kit Harington. Jessica has a large fanbase, with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
Jessica Lucas trained at the Children’s Arts Theatre School in Toronto, Ontario, Canada between 1992 and 1994.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Jessica Lucas is represented by –
- The Gersh Agency (Talent Agent, Commercial, Personal Appearance) in Beverly Hills, California, United States, and New York, New York, United States
- Thruline Entertainment (Manager) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Viewpoint (Publicist) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Lichter, Grossman, Nichols, Adler & Feldman (Legal Representative) in Los Angeles, California, United States
Alternative / Indie
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jessica Lucas has dated –
- Brandon Beemer – She had a brief encounter with the American actor, Brandon Beemer in the past.
- Brandon Collier (2007) – In October 2007, Jessica began dating American screenwriter Brandon Collier but their relationship lasted for only a month.
- Alex Jermasek (2013-Present) – In 2013, Jessica met and started dating the professional chef, Alex Jermasek. After a little more than 4 years, on April 27, 2017, the pair announced that they had gotten engaged, but no future plans or announcements about their marriage were made public.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
She is of African-Canadian descent on her paternal side and European-Canadian descent on her maternal side.
- Slim physique
- Fuller Lips
- Thin, narrow nose
- Prominent cheekbones
- Valley girl accent
Jessica Lucas has endorsed brands such as –
- The Springs (2014)
- Renee Rouleau Skin Care (2014)
- Per Se NY (2015)
- Gino Angelini Restaurant (2014)
- Public School NYC (2015)
- Aphrodisiac by Tom Ford (2015)
- Dylan’s Candy Bar (2015)
- AIR – Aerial Fitness LA (2015)
- Love is Love Comic Book (2017)
Best Known For
- Her roles in TV series Edgemont (2001-2005), Life as We Know It (2004-2005), Melrose Place (2009-2010), Friends with Benefits (2011), Cult (2013), Gotham (2015-2019), and The Murders, starting in 2019
- Having prominent roles in movies such as She’s the Man (2006), The Covenant (2006), Amusement (2008), Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son (2011), Evil Dead (2013), That Awkward Moment (2014), and Pompeii (2014)
As a Singer
Jessica Lucas made her first appearance as a music performer with songs Ain’t Nobody and Baby You Know in the comedy, crime movie Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son in 2011.
Jessica Lucas made her first theatrical film appearance as Yvonne in the romantic comedy She’s the Man in 2006.
First TV Show
Jessica Lucas made her first TV show appearance as Rita in an episode titled The Backstepper’s Apprentice of the sci-fi series Seven Days in 2000.
Jessica said that she was always blessed with a narrow waistline but still managed to keep her curves regardless of what she ate, which she fully embraced. However, as she got older and more successful, she started to incorporate plenty more daily habits into her routine to keep her health and physique in check.
In addition, after she started dating the professional chef Alex Jermasek in 2013, he would often prepare orange juice, red meat, boiled eggs, avocados, and other specialties that were both delicious and very health-conscious, which greatly helped her dietary choices.
Jessica Lucas Favorite Things
- Singers – Justin Bieber, The Weeknd
- Books – The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert, The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith
- Season – Autumn
- Place – Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Place (In New York City) – Chelsea Market
- Activity – Traveling, Apple Picking, Camping, Reading, Hot Yoga, Walking
- Girl Crushes – Rebecca Ferguson, Cate Blanchett
- TV Shows – American Horror Story, Scandal
- Movie – Moulin Rouge! (2001)
- Animal – Dog
- Curse Word – F*ck
- Part Of Her Body – Waistline
- Personal Quote – “As I get older, I’m more comfortable in my skin.”
Jessica Lucas Facts
- She began acting when she was 7 years old.
- Her first acting roles were on a theater stage, in local productions of Grease, Cinderella, Mousetrap, Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs, and Music Medley.
- Jessica said that she would only accept singing in acting projects or on a Broadway stage, and wouldn’t pursue a career as a singer.
- She wasn’t attracted to crazy animals and party maniacs as boyfriends. Jessica was always a fan of calm evenings, reading, traveling, or watching movies or theater plays.
- Jessica preferred a calm, slow, and friendly approach of getting to know someone and never liked aggressive and over-the-top people.
- She built a special reading nook in her home so that she could disappear and read in peace for a while. She is also a fan of going to a café to read.
- Jessica prefers clean-shaven or men with a short stubble over long, hipster beards.
- She swears by 3 habits for her beautiful skin and physique – washing her face every single evening before sleep, wearing at least SPF 30 sunscreen, and sleeping for at least 7-8 hours a day.
- Despite a strict beauty routine, she goes to a professional a few times a year to fully clean out her skin and unclog blocked pores.
- She generally stays away from dyeing her hair and rarely played a character with crazy hair color.
- Jessica said that not dyeing her hair was responsible for it being so healthy, in addition to using a heat protectant when she uses a blow dryer.
- Her lips often get dry and chaffed, which was why she incorporated a lip balm and chapstick routine and even called herself a chapstick addict.
- Jessica said that if she could do anything else but being an actress, with no training required, it would have something to do with artistry – singing, drawing, or dancing.
- Her co-stars in She’s The Man (2006) were Amanda Bynes and Channing Tatum.
- In 2014, Jessica appeared in the music video for the song True Love by the band Coldplay. The song was reportedly about the band’s frontman, Steve Martin, and the heartbreak he felt after divorce from actress Gwyneth Paltrow in May of that year.
- She has featured in Oprah and Complex magazines in 2014.
- One of her favorite magazines is Glamour. She often drinks champagne on a Saturday night and read articles on topics dedicated to women.
- There was a debate about her ancestry in the early days of her television career, with some people stating that she was Pakistani or Haitian. Jessica clarified that her dad was black, but his part of the family were Canadian natives for generations.
- Jessica claimed that the modeling life never piqued her interest and that she even found it somewhat boring.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0