|Jidenna Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 4, 1985|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Jidenna is an American-Nigerian rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer who rose to fame with his 2015 singles Classic Man and Yoga, as part of his debut EP Wondaland Presents: The Eephus which had peaked at number 5 on the US R&B/Hip-Hop charts. The former track went on to receive ‘Platinum’ certification and the latter track earned ‘Gold’ certification from the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America). In 2017, he had released his second EP titled Boomerang and his maiden studio album called The Chief which had peaked at number 11 on the US Rap charts. His 2nd studio album called 85 to Africa was launched in August 2019. Jidenna had won the ‘Best New Artist’ award at the 2015 Soul Train Music Awards. He co-founded Fear & Fancy in 2006, a social club of entrepreneurs, activists, educators, scientists, and artists.
Jidenna Theodore Mobisson
Wisconsin Rapids, Wood County, Wisconsin, United States
East Flatbush, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
He holds dual nationality.
Jidenna had graduated from the Milton Academy in Massachusetts in 2003. He then joined the prestigious Stanford University from where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Comparative Studies in Race and Ethnicity in 2008.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Oliver Mobisson (Scientist, Professor, Activist, Entrepreneur) (d. 2010)
- Mother – Tama Mobisson (Accountant)
- Siblings – Geoff Mobisson (Older Brother), Nneka Mobisson-Etuk (Older Sister). He has another older sister.
Hip Hop, Afrobeats, Swank
- Fear & Fancy
- Wondaland Records
- Epic Records
- Sony Music Entertainment
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jidenna has dated –
- Rosalyn Onwude (2016) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He is of Igbo (Nigerian) descent on his father’s side and English, German, and Dutch descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Sports a thick beard
- Has his right palm, left arm, and left side of his chest covered in tattoos
- Often sports dreadlocked hair
Jidenna Favorite Things
Source – Wikipedia
- Jidenna, though born in Wisconsin, had grown up in Nigeria as his father was working at the Enugu State University as a professor of computer science. He returned to the United States at the age of 6 as his family settled in Massachusetts.
- His 2015 single called Classic Man had been nominated for the ‘Best Rap/Sung Collaboration’ award at the 2016 Grammy Awards. The track had won both the ‘Song of the Year’ and the ‘Video of the Year’ awards at the 2015 Soul Train Music Awards. The track was also featured in the Academy Award-winning 2016 film Moonlight.
- He had founded a rap group called Black Spadez in high school and had released an album as his final project in high school.
- After he graduated from Stanford University in 2008, he used to work full-time as a teacher while writing music on the side. He used to move between Los Angeles, Oakland, Brooklyn, and Atlanta for his work before eventually signing up with Wondaland Records.
- In September 2016, he was featured in the 5th episode of the 1st season of the Netflix series Luke Cage.
Featured Image by Jidenna / Instagram