|Jin Goo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||July 20, 1980|
Jin Goo is a renowned South Korean actor. He is popularly known for his role of Seo Dae-young in the TV series Descendants of the Sun (2016-2017). He won the Grand Bell Award and Blue Dragon Film Award for his role in the thriller film Mother. His other notable performances include All In, Spotlight, Swallow the Sun, Entourage, Untouchable, A Bittersweet Life, A Dirty Carnival, The Showdown, The Target, Northern Limit Line, and Heung-boo: The Revolutionist. Jin Goo has more than 3 million followers on Instagram.
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Jin Goo studied advertising at the Sahmyook University in Seoul, South Korea.
- Father – Jin Yeong-ho
- Mother – Park Dong-geum
- Siblings – Unknown
Jin Goo is managed by BH Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Seoul, South Korea.
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jin Goo has dated –
- Kim Ji-hye – Jin had been in a relationship with Kim Ji-hye for a while. The couple tied the knot on September 21, 2014. They are blessed with 2 children, son Jin Won (b. June 2015) and a daughter (b. November 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
- Often wears cropped hairstyle
- Sharp jawlines
Jin Goo has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Good Day
- SK Telecom
- Free Time
- Hyundai Card M
Best Known For
- His performances in films like Mother (2009) as Jin-tae, A Bittersweet Life (2005) as Min-gi, A Dirty Carnival (2006) as Jong-soo, and 26 Years (2012) as Kwak Jin-bae
- His notable acting in the TV series, Descendants of the Sun (2016-2017) as Seo Dae-young
In 2003, he made his feature film debut in Romantic Assassins as Assassin.
First TV Show
In 2003, he made his first TV show appearance as young Kim In-ha on the drama series, All In.
Jin Goo Facts
- Before taking acting lessons, he served in the military.
- He relaxes by playing basketball and watching basketball matches either the NBA or KBL (Korean Basketball League).
- His hobbies include spending time with close friends, playing board games, video games, building plastic models, reading, and watching cartoons.
- He is attracted to roles like Kwak Jin-bae in 26 Years (2012) and Han Sang-gook in Northern Limit Line (2015), as he can relate to the characters.
- According to him, the worst mistake an actor can make is losing one’s personality.
- He likes having a beer after filming.
- He has been featured in magazines like Prestige, Grazia, Bnt International, InStyle, and Cosmopolitan, among others.
- Follow him on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Jin Goo / Instagram