Joakim “Jocke” Brodén
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Heavy metal, Power metal
Vocals, Keyboards, Guitar
- Underground Symphony
- Black Lodge
- Nuclear Blast
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joakim Brodén has not dated anyone publicly.
Race / Ethnicity
Joakim’s father has Swedish roots, and his mother has Czech ancestry.
- Joakim always sports an unusual vest which looks like a bulletproof jacket.
- He usually wears sunglasses while performing.
Best Known For
Co-founding and performing as the lead singer and keyboardist of the power metal band Sabaton.
Joakim has not appeared in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Joakim has not acted in any television show yet.
Joakim and his band Sabaton released their debut studio album called Primo Victoria which was released in 2005 under Black Lodge Records. The collection consisted of 9 tracks, all composed by Joakim with a total length of 41:05 minutes.
Joakim Brodén is a great fan of moderation. He admits that it is difficult to maintain a healthy diet and workout while on tour, however, he does try to squeeze in a bit of exercise and healthy lifestyle and hence, keeps a kettlebell while on the road. He prefers staying away from drinking every night.
Joakim also admitted that although he might be described as a little overweight, he is not out of shape. He does visit the gym occasionally to tone his body and prefers doing body weight exercises.
He admitted to being a health freak and works out 5 days a week with healthy eating and counting calories before consuming food.
Joakim Brodén Favorite Things
- War – World War II
Source – TeamRock.com
Joakim Brodén Facts
- He is fond of animals.
- He loves playing pinball in his free time.
- Joakim enjoyed playing with toy soldiers as a youngster.
- He got afraid of spiders after he got bitten by one when he visited the zoo as a teenager.
- Joakim was the Hammond organ player at his church.
- He never wanted to be a singer and started out as a keyboard player. They were unable to find a singer, and hence Joakim became the lead singer of Sabaton.
- When he joined Sabaton, it was called Aeon. The name was later changed to Sabaton in late 1999.
- He admitted that he liked ‘metal’ from an early age after watching the Twisted Sister’s music video for We’re Not Gonna Take It, I Wanna Rock on television at the age of 4.
- Joakim served in the military before venturing into the music scene. He confirmed that it was compulsory back then.
- Joakim does not have any official accounts on social media.
Featured Image by Jonas Rogowski / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0