|Jon Gosselin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7.5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 1, 1977|
Jon Gosselin is a famous television personality from America, mostly known for a large family of sextuplets and twins featured on a reality TV show Jon & Kate Plus 8 that first aired in 2007. They got their own show due to very high ratings and public interest for their stressful and dynamic family life. Jon and Kate’s media success was mainly credited to Discovery Health‘s TV special, called Surviving Sextuplets and Twins that was shown on television in 2005. Kate Gosselin is also a famous television personality, even though the show ended after their divorce on December 18, 2009. Jon fell out of the public eye after the show’s final episodes and has been working on jobs away from media.
Jonathan Keith Gosselin
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, United States
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
Jon Gosselin went to Wyomissing High School in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, United States, and graduated in 1995.
TV Reality Star, IT Analyst, DJ
- Father – Thomas Gosselin (Pediatric Dentist) (d. 2005)
- Mother – Pamela Castello (née Lyum)
- Siblings – Mark Gosselin (Brother), Thomas Gosselin (Brother)
Jon Gosselin is represented by MKS & Associates in the United States.
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jon has dated –
- Kate Gosselin (1997-2009) – His most prominent relationship was with Kate Gosselin, and it was what brought popularity as reality TV stars to both of them. Kate and Jon started dating in 1997 and got married on June 12, 1999. They attracted worldwide attention by being one of the rare couples to have sextuplets – Alexis Faith, Joel Kevin, Collin Thomas, Aaden Jonathan, Hannah Joy, and Leah Hope, that were all born on May 10, 2004. They also have 2 older children from the marriage, twins Cara Nicole and Madelyn Kate, born on October 8, 2000. Unfortunately, their marriage officially ended on December 18, 2009, under the close eye of the public.
- Deanna Hummel (2009) – It is rumored that Deanna and Jon briefly dated in 2009.
- Kate Major (2009) – Jon and Kate had a short relationship that lasted from July 2009 until August 2009.
- Hailey Glassman (2009-2010) – He had a publicly known relationship with Hailey, Kate Gosselin’s plastic surgeon’s daughter. Their dating life only lasted a few months, from August 2009 until the first quarter of 2010.
- Liz Jannetta (2012-2014) – Liz was a divorced mother of 3 in January 2012 when she began dating Jon. She had experience working with computers, which in part influenced Jon to become an IT analyst. The struggles in their relationship were seen during the Couples Therapy show on VH1 channel. The couple ultimately broke up on September 2014 after both of them realized there was no salvaging in the relationship.
- Colleen Conrad (2014-Present) – Jon is in a long-term relationship with Colleen, a registered nurse, that began in 2014. In one interview at the end of 2018, Jon spilled the beans that the two talked about marriage and that he wanted to get engaged.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
Jon is of Korean descent on his maternal side, and of Irish, Welsh, and French descent on his paternal side.
- Short Hairstyle
- Chubby Cheeks
- Receding Hairline
Jon has done a brand endorsement for Ed Hardy.
Best Known For
- Starring in Jon & Kate Plus 8 TV reality series that aired from 2007 to 2009
- Showing up in Couples Therapy in 2014 with his then-girlfriend, Liz Jannetta
- Appearing in various shows such as Access Hollywood and Entertainment Tonight in a span of a few years
First TV Show
Jon Gosselin made his first TV show appearance on the Jon & Kate Plus 8 TV series in 2007.
It is unlikely that Jon Gosselin works out, as he is too busy working multiple jobs and taking care of two of his kids, Hannah and Collin.
Jon Gosselin Favorite Things
- Activity – Snowboarding, Writing, Cooking
- Event – Baseball games
- Baseball Team – Philadelphia Phillies
Jon Gosselin Facts
- Jon and Kate Gosselin (then Kreider) met on October 5, 1997, during a company picnic.
- A Discovery Health‘s special called Surviving Sextuplets and Twins was presented on television on September 2005. After high ratings, the follow-up show, Surviving Sextuplets and Twins: One Year Later, brought in 2006. They were offered a chance at their own TV series, which is where the climb to fame started.
- He is the co-author of a book named Multiple Blessings: Surviving to Thriving with Twins and Sextuplets with his ex-wife Kate Gosselin, as well as Beth Carson, who isn’t a publicly known person. Their book reached The New York Times Best Seller list.
- Both of his twins and triplets were born with the help of fertility treatments since Kate had a polycystic ovary syndrome that prevented her from conceiving.
- His twins, Mady and Cara, were born 5 weeks premature, while the sextuplets were born 10 weeks early.
- Kate and Jon didn’t divorce on the best terms. Multiple court hearings were held for them to work their issues out, most notably about the custody of 8 children they had together.
- Since 2018, both Hannah Joy and Collin Thomas are in Jon’s full-time custody and living with him. The other 6 children live with their mother.
- Jon Gosselin worked in a wide variety of fields and specializations after the TV show, Jon & Kate Plus 8 concluded in 2009, and he stopped appearing on television. He was installing solar panels in 2011 and later waited tables in his home town in Pennsylvania.
- His full-time job currently is being a DJ for around 15 gigs a month. Jon also works as a prep cook at T.G.I. Friday’s in Lancaster, Pennsylvania for 8 hours a week, but donates his salary to charity.
- At the end of 2009, precisely on December 26, there was a break-in to Jon’s apartment that left him $100,000 short in damage. There was a note signed by Hailey Glassman, his ex-girlfriend, attached to his dresser. It wasn’t confirmed whether she was the culprit or not.
- Jon Gosselin guest-starred in a TLC show named American Chopper that deals with customizing motorcycles on June 11, 2009. He requested a custom bike to be built specifically for him, and the inspiration was his large family of 10 at the time.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
Featured Image by Jon Gosselin / Instagram