|Julia Morris Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 20, 1968|
Julia Morris, a stand-up comedian from Australia, started her career in 1985. She has appeared on the TV show, Beauty and the Beast. From 2000 to 2007, she also performed in the UK.
Julia Carolyn Margaret Morris
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Julia Morris went to the St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School. She later got enrolled at the St Joseph’s Catholic College East Gosford. She has also studied at the Santa Sabina College in New South Wales.
Julia honed her acting and performance skills at Ensemble Theatre School. She also took a 2 years course at an acting school in Los Angeles. Julia was well past her 40s when she opted to take this course.
Comedian, Actress, Writer, Television Presenter, Television Producer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has a brother.
Julia Morris is represented by –
- Beverly Hills-based David Shapira and Associates
- London-based Qvoice (Talent Agency)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julia Morris has dated –
- Dan Thomas (2005-Present) – On the last day of 2005, Julia and British comedian Dan Thomas decided to take their relationship to the next level by getting married in Las Vegas. Some sources claim that they had been dating since 2002. Over the course of their relationship, she has given birth to 2 daughters, Sophie and Charlotte. Julia once suffered a miscarriage while on a flight from London to South Africa. In 2012, Dan was diagnosed with breast cancer (a rare condition in men). Just a couple of days after diagnosis, he had to undergo a double mastectomy.
Race / Ethnicity
- High cheekbones
- Green eyes
Julia Morris has appeared in the TV commercials for All-Bran cereal. The fellow comedian Helen Dallimore was cast alongside Julia in the adverts.
While growing up, she went to various Catholic schools and educational institutes. However, her religious views as an adult aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Having hosted a couple of reality TV shows such as Australia’s Got Talent and I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! in Australia.
- Having won the Australian reality TV show, The Celebrity Apprentice Australia in 2011.
- Being cast in the role of Gemma Horne Crabb in the comedy-drama TV show, House Husbands.
She hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 1992, Julia Morris made her first TV show appearance in the Australian sketch comedy TV series, Just Kidding!
By overhauling her lifestyle and adopting healthy habits, Julia managed to drop 20 kg and bring her size down to 12. She works out with her personal trainer in the gym at least twice a week. However, when she is busy with her work, she is forced to further cut down her workout. Also, she has never been a fan of jogging and fad diets.
Her dietary changes include giving up sugar consumption. She also stays away from low carbs. In fact, she avoids eating any sort of carb after 5 in the evening. Soda and vodka are off the table as well. She also has no snacks rule that focuses on eating only 3 meals per day. And, her typical 3 meals are as follow –
- Breakfast – Macadamia-based muesli with yogurt and a cup of coffee
- Lunch – Ham and cheese toastie (At home), healthy stew with some rice (On the sets)
- Dinner – Omelet or a small amount of rice.
In between her meals, she might have some peppermint tea.
Julia Morris Favorite Things
- Jungle Themed TV Show – Gilligan’s Island
- Comedian – Kathy Griffin
Source – Pop Sugar, TNT Magazine
Julia Morris Facts
- When she took an acting course in Los Angeles, she opted to move her husband and her daughters to LA along with her.
- If she hadn’t become an actress and comedian, she would have loved to become an air hostess.
- She has openly accepted that she has undergone Botox treatment to preserve her youthful looks.
- She was awarded the Herald Angel Award at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in 2001.
- For a brief period of time in her youth, she worked as a secretary.
- She got her first breakthrough with her work in the Australian comedy show, Full Frontal.
- Julia had to struggle a lot after having moved to the UK in 2000. She had to perform in clubs and pubs for free in a hope that she would be invited back to perform for pay.
- After having done commendable work in the UK, she decided to move back to Australia in 2007.
- In 2004, she was titled the Comedy Performer of the Year by Time Out magazine.
- She has done charity and activism work for the foundations working to raise awareness about melanoma and its prevention.
- Visit her official website @ juliamorris.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Julia Morris / Instagram