|June Diane Raphael Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 4, 1980|
June Diane Raphael has proved herself to be an accomplished actress, comedienne, and scriptwriter. She started making her name as a talented actress and comedienne with comedy shows such as Burning Love and NTSF:SD:SUV::. She has also bagged an important role in the Netflix comedy show, Grace and Frankie. June is also well known for writing and creating various TV shows and movies. She has collaborated with her old friend and creative partner to write the script of the movie, Ass Backwards, in which they both played the starring roles.
June Diane Raphael
Rockville Centre, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
June Diane Raphael went to the South Side High School. After graduating high school in 1998, she got enrolled at the Tisch School of the Arts at the New York University and graduated in 2002.
Then, June joined the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in New York City to study improvisational comedy.
Actress, Comedienne, Writer
- Father – John Raphael (Steamfitter)
- Mother – Diane Raphael (New York City Public School Teacher)
- Siblings – Lauren Raphael (Older Sister), Deanna Raphael (Older Sister)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
June Diane Raphael has dated –
- Paul Scheer (2004-Present) – Raphael started going out with comedian Paul Scheer in January 2004. They first met because of the artistic director of Manhattan’s Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre as he had brought Scheer in to advise Raphael and her comedy partner, Casey Wilson, on how to improve their 2-person comedy act. In 2005, they moved from New York City to Los Angeles. They got married in a private ceremony at the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History in October 2009. She gave birth to their first son, Gus, in 2014. In 2016, she gave birth to their second son, Sam.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She has been seen with ‘blonde’ highlighted locks.
June Diane Raphael has used her social media activity to promote products and brands such as Rani Zakhem Couture and Shop Buru.
She was raised in a Catholic household.
Best Known For
- Being cast in an important role in the comedy web series, Grace and Frankie
- Having played a starring role in the comedy TV series, Burning Love, which was produced by Ben Stiller and was a spoof of the popular dating reality TV shows
In 2006, she made her feature film debut in the comedy-drama flick, The Wedding Weekend.
First TV Show
In 2002, June Diane Raphael made her first TV show appearance in Memory Lane episode of the NBC show, Ed.
June Diane Raphael Favorite Things
- Beer – Bud Light
- Childhood Broadway Show – Les Misérables
Source – Grub Street
June Diane Raphael Facts
- She has done extensive activism work for Everytown for Gun Safety organization, which aims to promote gun control in the United States.
- At the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater, she started performing a 2-woman sketch show with Casey Wilson, who was her best friend in college.
- After watching June and Wilson perform at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival, the New Regency Pictures asked them to write the movie, Bride Wars, in 2005.
- Along with writing the first screenplay of the movie, June and Casey were also cast in the supporting roles in the movie, Bride Wars.
- Her performance at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival with Casey Wilson also helped her bag a development deal to create a sitcom pilot from UPN.
- In 2010, she wrote a couple of short stories for the book, Worst Laid Plans.
- She has collaborated with comedian Kulap Vilaysack to establish UCB Corps, which is associated with the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater and is a voluntary charity organization. She also serves as the co-director of the organization.
- She has collaborated with her husband Paul Scheer and comedian Jason Mantzoukas to host podcast How Did This Get Made? in which they discuss popular movies.
- Follow June Diane Raphael on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr.
Featured Image by June Diane Raphael / Instagram