|Katie Taylor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 2, 1986|
Katie Taylor is an athlete from Ireland who started her career in women’s association football but later turned to boxing at the age of 11. In boxing, she has an orthodox stance and plays in the lightweight category. She also won a ‘Gold’ medal at the 2012 London Olympics. She played her first professional boxing match on November 26, 2016 against Karina Kopińska of Poland which she won by technical knockout.
In soccer, she played at Midfielder / Forward position. On September 24, 2009, she played the international football for the final time which was during the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup qualifier.
KT, The Bray Bomber, Simply the Best
Bray, Wicklow, Ireland
Bray, Wicklow, Ireland
Katie Taylor got enrolled at the St. Kilian’s Community School in Bray in 1999. She studied there till 2005.
While she was studying at St. Kilian’s, she had sports scholarship offers from several leading American colleges. However, she instead opted to go to the University College Dublin. She had qualified for admission at UCD via her Leaving Cert results. She dropped out of UCD to focus on her boxing career.
Professional boxer and former professional soccer player
- Father – Peter Taylor (Electrician and former Irish senior light heavyweight champion boxer. He has also served as Katie’s full-time coach)
- Mother – Bridget Taylor
- Siblings – Lee Taylor (Older Brother), Sarah Taylor (Older Sister), Peter Taylor (Older Brother) (Professor of Maths at Trinity College, Dublin)
Katie Taylor’s representation and management work are handled by Brian Peters of Brian Peters Promotions.
65 in or 165 cm
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Despite being in the public spotlight for years in her native country, Katie Taylor has opted to keep her personal life firmly under wraps, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has English ancestry, while, on her mother’ side, she is of Irish descent.
- Broad and heavy jawline
- Athletic and ripped body
Katie Taylor has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Its4women. As part of the endorsement deal, she has appeared in their TV adverts as well as YouTube videos.
She is also sponsored by the retail company, JD Sports.
She has also appeared in a TV advert for Lucozade Sport.
Katie has also used her social media popularity to promote a number of products and brands through her digital activity.
She is a firm believer of Pentecostalist doctrines. Katie regularly attends the St. Mark’s Church in Dublin which is an Assemblies of God Ireland Church.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most decorated and successful female boxers to come out of Ireland. She has won 5 consecutive gold medals at the Women’s World Championships. She has also won 5 European Union Championships and 6 gold medals at the European Championships.
- Her successful soccer career in which she has turned out for St James’s Gate, Lourdes Celtic, St Catherine’s, and Peamount United. She has even won the treble of the DWSL Premier Cup, Dublin Women’s Soccer League, and the FAI Women’s Cup with Peamount United.
Katie hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2002, Katie Taylor made her first TV show appearance in the RTÉ’s TV show, Sport Stream.
To ensure that she remains at the top of her game, Katie follows a grueling workout regime. She makes sure that she works out twice in a day and 6 days a week. The morning workout session is reserved for weight training, running, and pads work. The evening session is reserved for sparring in the ring, technical work, and punching the bags. All the workouts are done at high intensity. Her workout sessions usually last for about one and a half hours.
For her running sessions, she heads to the running track in Charlesland or the one in Bray Head. Overall, she tries to have a variety in her workout regime as it keeps her fresh and the workouts don’t get boring. To make sure that her sparring sessions are sufficiently intense, she spars with boys in the gym.
Regarding diet, she makes sure that she complements her gym work by eating a lot of protein throughout the day. Her daily meal plan is as follows
- Breakfast – She starts her day with a bowl of porridge with berries and Manuka honey.
- Lunch – The lunch comprises of chicken and pasta.
- Dinner – Chicken and pasta with some green veggies.
- Snack – To take care of her hunger in between meals, she relies on yogurt and fruits.
Katie Taylor Favorite Things
Her favorite things aren’t known.
Katie Taylor Facts
- Apart from playing boxing and association football, she also used to play camogie and Gaelic football. Katie used to play for GAA clubs Fergal Ógs and Bray Emmets.
- In 1998, Katie started boxing training and participating in junior boxing competitions.
- Early in her career, she was trained by her father at the St Fergal’s Boxing Club, which was run out of a former boathouse in Bray.
- Katie participated in the officially sanctioned female boxing match at the age of 15. Her competitor was Alanna Audley and the match was held at the National Stadium in Belfast. She won the match.
- While studying in school, she used to play association football with boys’ teams, St Feargal’s and Newtown Juniors in the Wicklow and District Schoolboys League.
- In 2012, she published her memoir, My Olympic Dream. She was assisted by sports writer Johnny Watterson and the book was published by Simon & Schuster.
- Visit her official website @ katietaylor.ie
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Katie Taylor / Instagram