Keiko Kitagawa got enrolled at the Meiji University in Tokyo and graduated in March 2009 with a degree in commercial science.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has a younger brother.
Keiko Kitagawa is represented by Tokyo-based Stardust Promotion.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
47 kg or 103.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Keiko Kitagawa has dated –
- Yu Shirota (2008) – In the early months of 2008, Keiko was reported to be going out with actor Yu Shirota. These rumors became more urgent in April 2008 after a picture of them hanging out was published by the Japanese tabloids.
- Jin Akanishi (2008) – Throughout 2008, Keiko was linked with musician Jin Akanishi. It was also reported that her alleged relationship with Yu Shirota had led to their breakup. However, by the end of summer, their dating rumors surfaced once again.
- Daigo (2016-Present) – The reports of Keiko and musician Daigo started circulating by the end of 2015. They tied the knot on January 11, 2016, in a lavish wedding ceremony held at Grand Prince Hotel Shin-Takanawa with more than 500 guests in attendance.
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite figure
- Cute smile
Keiko Kitagawa has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- SALA hair care products
- Asahi beer
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being cast in an important role in the commercially successful action movie, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.
- Having played the role of Yumi Honma in the Japanese comedy movie, Mamiya kyodai.
- Being cast in the lead role in the drama movie, Dear Friends.
In 2006, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, Mamiya kyodai.
First TV Show
In 2003, Keiko Kitagawa made her first TV show appearance in the Japanese teen drama show, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Keiko Kitagawa Favorite Things
- Actress – Keira Knightley
- Japanese Artists – BoA, Ayu-chan
- Colors – White, Black, Grey
- Place To Shop – Mitsukoshi Department Store
- Parts Of Her Face – Eyebrows and Nose
- Food – Meat
Source – IMDb, Anne Fleet Wood
Keiko Kitagawa Facts
- She got her first big breakthrough in acting after she was cast in the role of Sailor Mars in the live action TV series, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon.
- While growing up, she aspired to become a doctor. However, by the time she reached high school, she had slightly lost sight of her ambition and wasn’t certain about her career choice.
- While she was in high school, she was scouted by a local talent agency, which opened a way to the modeling world.
- Initially, her parents were reluctant to allow her to get in modeling and entertainment industry. They had given her a conditional consent and asked her not to compromise on her studies and quit if she didn’t make any progress within a year.
- In 2003, she entered a beauty pageant held by Japanese Seventeen and managed to win the crown of Miss Seventeen 2003, which helped her get a modeling contract from the magazine.
- She worked with Seventeen magazine on a full-time basis till 2006 and she even had her exclusive feature known as Keiko’s Beauty Honey in the magazine.
- To make sure that she gave her best in the American movie The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, she got enrolled in an English class.
- In 2006, she launched her first blog, which was eventually deleted in July 2007. She started her new blog in May 2008.
- In her free time, she likes to read books and head out for swimming.
- She doesn’t have any official social media account.
Featured Image by Keiko Kitagawa / Instagram